Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT235

Default Replacing Hyd. Hose to Lift Cylinder

I will be replacing a leaking fitting to the lift cylinder for the FEL Monday as soon as the local hydraulic shop opens. After I re-attach the line and top off hydraulic fluid, is there anything else I need to do. Does the system require any sort of bleeding?

Tractor
    Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST

Default Re: Replacing Hyd. Hose to Lift Cylinder

No, the air should be purged from the system after cycling the FEL valve several times.
    J.J.

When I works, I works hard. When I sits and thinks, I goes to sleep.

Git er done.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT235

Thanks JJ.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson model 85, Allis-Chalmers WD-45

I would ask the shop if they clean the hose after assembly. If not, don't make an issue of it, tell them you were just wondering if it is necessary. Then, go home and run some water through it then some compressed air to get the water out.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply.
    Willing is not enough, you must do.
    Bruce Lee

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    gradall g3r excavator, kawasaki mule 2500,ford 8000,and a 1936 caterpillar road grader

good advice wayne county hose, right next to our hose machine at work is the air blow gun and we make sure and blow the dust and dirt out after we make a house every time, alot of grit gets in there from the cutting process. on big hoses, like suction hose, often i will push a balled up rag thru with air to get it cleaner
    Kawasaki Mule 2500,Ford 8000,Caterpillar road grader,gradall g3r excavator,JD210c

Veteran Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by markct View Post
    good advice wayne county hose, right next to our hose machine at work is the air blow gun and we make sure and blow the dust and dirt out after we make a house every time, alot of grit gets in there from the cutting process. on big hoses, like suction hose, often i will push a balled up rag thru with air to get it cleaner
    Mark, compressed air isn't enough. When I make a hose, I blow a foam plug through the hose, both ways. Check these guys out. www.ultraclean.com. If you take a freshly made hose and blow it out with air, then pump oil from a new 55 gallon drum of oil into a clean drum, the second drum will fail any manufacturers test for cleanliness. Basically, it would be considered waste oil. After using the ultra clean system, this is not the case. You would be shocked to see what comes out of a freshly made hose.
    Bruce Lee

Elite Member
    Tractor
    kubota bx23

I usually just hook the power end up leave the other end loose and waste a quart or 2 of the oil in to a container to flush them out.

tom
    If it ain't broke we will help you brake it
    If it is broke we will help you get it fixed!

https://www.facebook.com/joseph.t.mussington

Elite Member
    Tractor
    MT180D

Useless info of the day:
    Specs for aviation hoses called for specific sized balls to be passes thru in order to assure no obstructions, always a tad smaller than the hose ID. Basically a drop test.
    Also burst tests were required.

Veteran Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by tommu56 View Post
    I usually just hook the power end up leave the other end loose and waste a quart or 2 of the oil in to a container to flush them out.

tom
    This is about as good a cleaning as you could ask for. How about someone that installs a new hose do this and post a pic of all the garbage in the container?
    Bruce Lee

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    gradall g3r excavator, kawasaki mule 2500,ford 8000,and a 1936 caterpillar road grader

hmm i guess maybe i will have to be more thourough in my cleaning, thats all we ever did at work and we make hundreds of hoses a year and never had a problem. actaly right on the instructions that came with our hose crimp machine thats how they tell ya to do it!
    Kawasaki Mule 2500,Ford 8000,Caterpillar road grader,gradall g3r excavator,JD210c

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast