hydraulic quick connect

/ hydraulic quick connect #1  

cowsrus

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 6110, JD 5510
Isn't there a standard hydraulic connecter on the newer tractors. I have looked in catalogs and cannot pick the one i need by looking at them.

/ hydraulic quick connect #2  
Short answer is NO. Does the one you are trying to match to have a name or numbers on it? What tractor are we talking about?

/ hydraulic quick connect
It's a 98 JD 6110

/ hydraulic quick connect #4  
The long answer is also NO. I just ordered from a JD online parts store a female half of a Quick Connect using the part number provided by jdparts.com. That along with its corresponding plastic dust plug, both right of the drawing. The QC came to me as a 1/2 inch and the plug was for a 3/8. The plug was right, and the QC was wrong, even though it was the correct part number.

You got your ISO A which seems to be the nearest thing to a current common QC fitting as there is, but then you got your ISO B. JD used the B on the backhoe return so as to make it hard to connect the more common (perhaps) A inadvertently and mess something up. The backhoe return fitting is actually a 3/8 inch B and not the 1/2 inch A that I bought. At least it is so on my 3320.

Now that I have purchased the correct QC now all I have got to do is figure out how to get the 3/4-16 UNF thread to 1/2 NPT. I think 3/4-16 is the same as SAE-8 ORB. But I am guessing on some of this.

Good luck with finding what you need. Tractor Supply has a bunch of adapters to take old style stuff to the newer stuff.

/ hydraulic quick connect
It's about 10 degrees outside, but i went out and looked. Didn't see any numbers, there is a dust cover that lifts up and it has to be some kind of male connector that just pushes in because there isn't a collar that you push. I may just have to go to my local John Deere dealer and get them

/ hydraulic quick connect #6  
Nearly all of the major tractor companies now use a standard hydraulic coupler designed for agricultural use. I don't remember the exact name but now used by Case-IH, NH, JD, Kubota ect. Your JD is new enough to use the same standard. Many times they are referred to as Pioneer standard in my area.
Older JDs, IH and others use their own couplers. Had to buy adapters to use on different tractors. Later model tractors decided on a universal standard. My compacts to my large 245hp ag tractors use the same coupler standard.

/ hydraulic quick connect #8  
That is the ISO B, could be what you need. The A is almost identical. On the A the last part of the male connector right before the poppet is slightly small in length. Buy the right one or buy them both. Shipping will eat you alive trying to find the correct hydraulic part.

I think the ISO A is the more common on modern CUTs.

/ hydraulic quick connect #9  
This is the one i "think it is".

ISO 7241-B Quick Disconnect Nipple

The ISO 7241 Series B coupler you link above is very popular, but farm tractors more often have the Agricultural Interchange (ISO 5675) couplers, often called "Pioneer" couplers, because the Pioneer company (now absorbed by Parker) was once the leading manufacturer of these couplers.

The 1/2" ISO 5675 Agricultural Interchange (Pioneer) coupler is also interchangeable with the ISO 7241 Series A coupler, shown on this chart

If you print the chart and hold one of your existing couplers up to the profiles, you may have an easier time matching them up to what you need.

Ken Hutchinson
DHH

/ hydraulic quick connect #10  
The ISO 7241 Series B coupler you link above is very popular, but farm tractors more often have the Agricultural Interchange (ISO 5675) couplers, often called "Pioneer" couplers, because the Pioneer company (now absorbed by Parker) was once the leading manufacturer of these couplers.

The 1/2" ISO 5675 Agricultural Interchange (Pioneer) coupler is also interchangeable with the ISO 7241 Series A coupler, shown on this chart

If you print the chart and hold one of your existing couplers up to the profiles, you may have an easier time matching them up to what you need.

Ken Hutchinson
DHH

Thanks for the post. I have 1 set of ISO B couplers and they never seem to work on my farm equipment or tractors. Now I know why. Should just get rid of them. Most if not all newer farm equipment use ISO A (Pioneer standard).