rockshaft lever problem

/ rockshaft lever problem #1  

kenjal

Tractor
JD 3520
Hi Guys - I am having a problem with the rockshaft lever on my JD3520. Problem is that it will not stay in position. I can set it from 1 - 5 and it will automatically drop down to ground, unless I lock it in the furthest up position or with the lock lever. I have been moving a lot of snow lately with the box blade so I'm sure that something has come loose, broke, fell off, etc. I don't know. Took the seat off and looked but everything looked fine. The drop rate control has not been changed, it's still set to where it always was. That was what I originally checked. Although that could be the problem. Don't know, that's why I'm asking all you tractor guys. Maybe one of you has had the same problem? Or someone has an idea?
Anyway, thanks for any comments or solutions.

Ken

/ rockshaft lever problem #2  
Welcome to the forum.
Is it the rockshaft lever that will not stay in position (confused when you say "it will automatically drop down to ground" ) ? "It" must refer to the 3 ph arms here. ?

The rockshaft lever has a friction arrangement that is adjustable. Should be noticable when you had the seat off.

Come on back and fill us in a bit. :)

/ rockshaft lever problem #3  
You did not specify if it was a OS or Cab 3520...so I will assume OS.

Look at the picture below, You need to tighten the nut #9 to add tension to the disk springs #11. That should do it.

Attachments

• 3520.gif
    3520.gif
    27.1 KB · Views: 856
   / rockshaft lever problem
Thanks kennyd for the quick reply, you assumed correctly. I believe this will take care of my problem.
Thanks for the welcome beenthere.
Ken

/ rockshaft lever problem #5  
On my 4300 HST, the lever will not move the shaft. Referencing your picture, moving 8 and the lever does not result in 7,10, or 13 really going anywhere. It does not feel much different than it did last year so I suspect it was only moving ever so slightly but now the 3-pt hitch will not raise at all. Since the hydraulic fluid and filter have been replaced and the suction screen cleaned, all I can come up with is that this lever stiffness is responsible. Any suggestions?

Does the whole rockshaft control valve need replacing?