wr 20 vermeer v rake

/ wr 20 vermeer v rake #1  

Simpkins85

Bronze Member
I have a vermeer wr 20 it has to hydraulic lines going to it but I seen a froniter rake the other day that had just one line on it and a plug in the top hole of the cylinder would I beable to do this to my rake or not ?

/ wr 20 vermeer v rake #2  
You can lift the rake into the transport mode with the hydraulics this way, but I don't think the rake would go down to the operating mode by using float and gravity because of the scissor type mechanical action. You can try it and see if it works, but you will probably have to put the hydraulics in float, get off the tractor and "help" the rakes go down.

/ wr 20 vermeer v rake #3  
I have a vermeer wr 20 it has to hydraulic lines going to it but I seen a froniter rake the other day that had just one line on it and a plug in the top hole of the cylinder would I beable to do this to my rake or not ?

Why would you want to?

/ wr 20 vermeer v rake #4  
Both the Vermeer and the JD are made by Tonutti. Most guys that have the JD rake add the second hose. Once you get some age on the rake and if you live in the hill country you can have problems with the rake folding down. Don't go backward leave the second hose on WR20.

The Hay DR