john deere 1070

/ john deere 1070 #1  

Simpkins85

Bronze Member
How hard would it be to put a hydraulic pump on my 1070 and where would be the best place to find a pump at ?

/ john deere 1070 #2  
How much HP do you have? Do you want a fan belt pump, or a PTO type pump?

I looked it up, and your tractor has 39 HP, and 9 GPM hydraulics. So, are you asking about an extra pump?

/ john deere 1070 #3  
First it would be nice to know what you are going to use the pump for are you going to use PTO also what is the problem with the pump on the tractor now?

/ john deere 1070
I still want use my pto for my drum mower and I need wetlines to run my wr 20 vermeer v rake

/ john deere 1070 #5  
I still want use my pto for my drum mower and I need wetlines to run my wr 20 vermeer v rake

Do you have a pump on the tractor now? do you have a loader? do you have a rear remote? I had to go to the Vermeer website to find out that you need a 6 GPM flow and 1000Psi, you can run a 6GPM pump off the belt on engine or you can run it off the crankshaft ,you will also need at least a 6 Gal reservoir a filter a double acting valve and hyd lines.
To get an answer that is beneficial to you application YOU must give us INFO.

/ john deere 1070 #7  
   / john deere 1070 #8  
I was not asking for any one particular implement, I was asking the total GPM for any implement he might want to use. His tractor already has 9 GPM. If he needs more, then he needs to figure the total GPM requires. The PTO pumps come in various sizes, and the psi is around 2000. They are around $500.

/ john deere 1070
My tractor does not have a loader on it and the 9 gpm the tractor makes is plenty to open and close my rake with. Would I be able to tap into my hydraulics with out putting a pump on it ?

/ john deere 1070 #10  
Yes go to your JD dealer he should be able to get you the parts to do this.