Manual vs. Electric Hydraulic Pump

/ Manual vs. Electric Hydraulic Pump #1  

FallbrookFarmer

Platinum Member
Tractor
Satoh Beaver,Buck,Iseki Farmbos
Not knowing much about hydraulics, perhaps a stupid question.. But-- I just acquired a older Big Joe pallet jack that will
lift up to 6 ft. Problem being the foot pump for the hyd. cylinder is shot. Can't find the leather cup needed for repair.
Was thinking about use a small electric hyd pump instead.
Would this be hard/impossible? Any advice appreciated.

/ Manual vs. Electric Hydraulic Pump #2  
Not knowing much about hydraulics, perhaps a stupid question.. But-- I just acquired a older Big Joe pallet jack that will
lift up to 6 ft. Problem being the foot pump for the hyd. cylinder is shot. Can't find the leather cup needed for repair.

Try this
Big Joe - Products

/ Manual vs. Electric Hydraulic Pump #4  

Do you mean something like this.

https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=1812011314462515&item=9-7550&catname=hydraulic

I don't know if cyl on lift can handle that pressure. Might have to set the relief real low.

/ Manual vs. Electric Hydraulic Pump
Thanks for the replies,
Have looked at the Big Joe catalog online, but because this thing is so old they no longer sell just the leather cup for the manual pump, you have to buy the whole hydraulic assembly. Which is about $400.
I think I'll go with the electric pump. Thanks again for all the info.