Long 445 Hydraulic lift problems! Help

/ Long 445 Hydraulic lift problems! Help #1  

longtech

I have a Long 445. It has a single hydraulic reservoir. The power steering, hydraulics, all work off the same fluid. My lift would not lift my bush hawg, so I changed the fluid, which was very milky. This worked fine for a few minutes and then it was back to not working. The more I used it, the worse it got. I checked the fluid and it was very milky again. So I suppose there was still fluid in the front of the tractor with water (rain water) in it. I changed the hydraulic filter, however it did not help. It is also leaking down when you shut it off. The tractor has set up for a year uncovered. Should I change this fluid again? This time making sure I get ALL the fluid out and then refill with new? Would the lift cylinder seals go bad without the tractor being used? What should I try next? I would like to avoid changing the lift cylinder seals if possible. It did not leak down the last time I used it.

/ Long 445 Hydraulic lift problems! Help #2  
Welcome to TBN:D

You must get that fluid changed out. Water in the fluid will not help your situation...once the fluid is running clear we can work on the other problems if there is any.

/ Long 445 Hydraulic lift problems! Help #3  
LongTech,
I own a 445. It is famous for accumulation of water in the hydraulic case. You must drain both back and front sections and the filter. I back blow air through the lines to make sure the fluid is expulsed. I then put in about 2 gallons of diesel and run the tractor for a minute or two. Cycle the hydraulic lift a couple of times. Drain out and replenish with fresh hydraulic oil.

/ Long 445 Hydraulic lift problems! Help #4  
i have a long 445 i have had the water prob. for a while.
i have a new problem i have started smoking real bad its a fuel smoke
you can smell the deisle and its under powerd if you use a tiller or bush hog on a hill other than that it still idles good and throttles up too 2400 rpm
what could it be i am fustrated with it.:mad: