Need help with a Sundstrand Piston Pump

/ Need help with a Sundstrand Piston Pump #1  

larkinja

I am trying to find a tech bulliten, or any other possible information on the SUNDSTRAND model 36-2119 heavy duty, hydrostatic pump. It has 12VDC EDC servo control with pressure limiters and manual override. Charge pump pressure 230-250 PSI. Charge pump has spin-on filter.

The specification known are:

6.0 cu. in. per rev. disp.
3,500 PSI cont.
6,000 PSI int.
2,880 RPM max
50 GPM at 2,000 RPM
1.30 cu. in. per rev. charge pump disp.
4 bolt, SAE C mount
CCW input rotation
Ports: A/B-1" 6000 PSI 4 bolt flange
Case drain-SAE 12
Charge pump inlet-SAE 12
1-3/4" dia. x 2-1/8" long 13 tooth splined input shaft
Overall size 16" x 14" x 12"
Shpg 225 lb

I am most concerned with the controls of this pump. The Sunstrand pump is electronically controlled, proportional over hydraulic. We need documentation so we can interface with it. We may be able to bypass the EDC and drive it hydraulically, but some additional data is needed.

We have searched and searched, and cannot find any data on this pump. I know it is an older pump and is definately been out of production for a while. I called a couple repair places, and they can't even find repair parts.

If anyone has any experience with this pump, or has any data stuffed in their file cabinets, or anything, we would greatly appreciate it.

Attachments

• 36-2119.jpg
    36-2119.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 399
   / Need help with a Sundstrand Piston Pump

Ya, I called them too. They say they know the products they sell, but they don't know anything about the pump. Didn't seem to interested in helping me either.

I will shoot an email to that email address and see if they come up with anything. It's sad, when people realize all you want is information and you aren't getting out your credit card, they shut down real quick. In a way I don't blame them, but I figure the one that does help me with be the first I think of when I need to purchase something. :)

/ Need help with a Sundstrand Piston Pump #4  
You have to contact the manufacturer for something like that. I have
been successful getting thru to engineers at some places like Parker,
White, and Prince. You just have to find their tech support on their
website and call or email.

What do you want to use this for?

/ Need help with a Sundstrand Piston Pump #5  
From memory and it is very feeble. I am 99% sure I threw away my sunstrand catalogs and CD when I moved 3 months ago. been storing them for several years and didn't want to move more stuff than I had to. Will check tonight when I get home.

There is a slim chance you could override the EDC control manually but I am not sure. Probably take a different control head.

One distributor / repair center I know of that might have info is Sun Source/ Fauver in Minneapolis area. I do not remember which burb they are in. They used to be a fairly large distributor of the Sundstrand hydro's.

good luck

Roy

/ Need help with a Sundstrand Piston Pump #6  
Yes, I threw away all my old manuals and CD's. Further proof no deed goes unpunished...

/ Need help with a Sundstrand Piston Pump #7  
I have Sundstand pumps on my Case Dozer, and nobody supports them. Case will only see a replacement pump for $25,000 each. They will not service or fix them. I ended up going to a place who was willing to fabricate the parts that I needed. Beware of Sundstrand pumps.

Eddie

/ Need help with a Sundstrand Piston Pump
Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the help. I did talk to an engineer finally that says he thinks he can help. We'll see what comes of that.