I need some advice....

/ I need some advice.... #1  

caddison

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 1025r
I picked up this diverter valve and I need a little advice on the best possible way to mount this on my DX33 to run the angling cylinders on my plow and operate the new 4-in-one bucket. I am wondering if I should mount the valve at the point where the curl lines attach to the hoses and then add elbows to attach the hoses to run to the front or would it be possible to split the lines and install the valve in the middle towards the front of the loader. I have attached pictures for reference. I'd appreciate any impute.

Attachments

• P1300142.JPG
    P1300142.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 181
  • P1300143.JPG
    P1300143.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 142
  • P1300145.JPG
    P1300145.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 150
  • P1300146.JPG
    P1300146.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 129
   / I need some advice.... #2  
I see you got one of those new valves Surplus Center had on their web site. Any brand name on it?

Personally I'd keep it closer to the operator's platform and out of harm's way.

/ I need some advice....
The valve is a Bosch Rexroth. I actually picked up two of these on E-bay for $35.00 ea.

/ I need some advice....
I thought it was. I got one for the front and one to possibly add to the rear remote for T-N-T. Just have to figure out how to mount them.

/ I need some advice.... #6  
How many ports are on that valve? It does not look like it has 6 (2 IN and 4 OUT) which is needed to make this work properly...

I mounted mine inside the loader mast...well protected and out of the way.

Attachments

• DSC08879 (Large).JPG
    DSC08879 (Large).JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 157
   / I need some advice....
KennyD,

It has 6 ports. I was thinking the solid side mounted to the loader arm and splitting the connection where the hoses connect to the steel lines for the curl function and then adding two elbows for the addition of the two hoses for the plow angle and the cylinder on the 4-in-one or a grapple.

/ I need some advice.... #10  
Cliff, if you mount that valve up front on your crossmember, you can probably put quick-connects on it and hook your 4-in-1 hoses or angling cylinder hoses directly to the valve, eliminating the need to mount a bracket for the QC adapters. Your hose and fitting requirements would probably also be minimum.

If you mount the diverter on the side of your loader towers, you can put quick connects there and hoses to the front with more quick connects mounted on a bracket at your crosstube. That way you can have the normal and diverted hydraulics available even when you remove the loader. This will require more fittings and hoses, but is a bit more flexible.

I don't know what you would want to use the hydraulics for if your loader is removed, so I think I'd look at putting the diverter valve up front and make it as efficient an install as possible. That will mean only your electrical connection will need to be longer and have a disconnect at the loader towers.