Vickers spool valve

/ Vickers spool valve #1  

jemjack

Tractor
Kubota B1600
Hi everyone, Please has anyone got any information on this Vickers Spool valve? I got it from a scrap yard taken form a fork lift truck, and am using it on my front loader i would guess that it is at least 10 years old, probably older. On one side of the casing on the casting is Pat 2489435 Vickers. If anyone has a breakdown of the valve, or a parts list or know how the spools work, as thay are not straight forward rod with lands, I would be extreamly grateful for info. I have plenty of photoes of its innerds if required.

Jemjack.

attachment enclosed.

Attachments

• DSCN1615 spoolvalve front.JPG
    DSCN1615 spoolvalve front.JPG
    267.9 KB · Views: 625
   / Vickers spool valve #2  
The numbers on the valve may not help, this valve could have been made just for the forklift company...I personally would not use it-it may not even be open center or capable of operating DA (dual acting) cylinders since forklifts often use SA (single acting) cylinders on the lift.

Buying used valves is a crap-shoot at best...

/ Vickers spool valve #3  
Hi everyone, Please has anyone got any information on this Vickers Spool valve? I got it from a scrap yard taken form a fork lift truck, and am using it on my front loader i would guess that it is at least 10 years old, probably older. On one side of the casing on the casting is Pat 2489435 Vickers. If anyone has a breakdown of the valve, or a parts list or know how the spools work, as thay are not straight forward rod with lands, I would be extreamly grateful for info. I have plenty of photoes of its innerds if required.

Jemjack.

attachment enclosed.

If it is off a fork lift, usually the first spool is lift & is single acting. the second is tilt and 3rd is apron slide and both those should be double acting.
If you can blow through from inlet to return-to-tank it should be open center.