Great Joystick Values

/ Great Joystick Values #1  

HayDR

Veteran Member, Approved Advertiser
Tractor
JD 2040,2240, 2355, 2755, 4055
  • Baileynet.com - 21 gal/m- Joystick Valve- $185 Directional Control Valves 220-905 Detailed Information
    control_valves_ed_2.jpg
Gallons per minute flow is very important. If you system is producing more than the valve's recommended maximum flow rate, it can cause heating problems with the hydraulic fluid.

/ Great Joystick Values #2  
Here's a question. Is there a disadvantage to going to the higher rated gpm?

IOW, my pump is about 8gpm. What performance impact, if any, would the 21 gpm model have, if I adapt it to the same size lines on the FEL?

I am considering upgrading the pump to a 12 or 16 gpm (depends on the model), but don't know when (if).

I want more speed on the FEL. Working through some tests and sourcing some parts for upgrading remotes and such at the moment...

- JC

/ Great Joystick Values #3  
If you use too big of a valve, you will lose the ability to "feather" the controls that you have with a correctly sized valve.

Aaron Z

/ Great Joystick Values
Here's a question. Is there a disadvantage to going to the higher rated gpm?

IOW, my pump is about 8gpm. What performance impact, if any, would the 21 gpm model have, if I adapt it to the same size lines on the FEL?

I am considering upgrading the pump to a 12 or 16 gpm (depends on the model), but don't know when (if).

I want more speed on the FEL. Working through some tests and sourcing some parts for upgrading remotes and such at the moment...

- JC
You don't see much of a selection in between 10 gpm and 20 gpm. You will be fine if you go with the 21gpm now. The 21 gpm will have larger ports & the valve will be a little larger. Your system is likely a open-center system, so just get the hydraulic pressure from a power beyond and you will not see any change in your hydraulics.