Hydralics only work when a backhoe valve is cracked open slightly?

/ Hydralics only work when a backhoe valve is cracked open slightly? #1  

Tim Dawson

I installed a log splitter and hydraulic thumb in place of the backhoe bucket for some logging projects. When I operate the splitter or new hydraulic thumb they only operate when I have one of the other backhoe valves slightly open. I am not sure if this is a priority problem or possibly using a closed center control valve in an open center system. I am still not sure it is open centered per link and previous questions:

TractorByNet.com - Compact Tractor Forum

The splitter and claw work awesome but when pressure goes high the backhoe valve which is cracked slightly open then operates causing that cylinder to operate. It would be alright except it can be violent when a non splitting piece of wood is encountered and all of a sudden the other circuit (cracked open slightly) takes over quickly?

I have tried replumbing to a second outlet port and the control valve and is tapped right into the inlet and outlet lines which feed and return to all the backhoe valves (second picture). Shown in picture with both inlet and outlets on same side of valve(second picture). The third picture show the loader valve which supplies hydraulics to the rear. There is an additional port on the bottom but it is not labeled on loader valve? There is another port on the opposite side of the rear control valve plumbed to the splitter and thumb but it is not labeled either(second pic). The valve being used is a husco valve. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Tractor 1.jpg
    Tractor 1.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 222
  • Tractor 2.jpg
    Tractor 2.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 185
  • 0305101423-00.jpg
    0305101423-00.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 162
   / Hydralics only work when a backhoe valve is cracked open slightly? #2  
I just replied to your other post...please do not double post-it makes it VERY hard to help you when answers/suggestions are spread between forums.

/ Hydralics only work when a backhoe valve is cracked open slightly?
Thanks Kenny your a lifesaver. Should I remove this post or the one in the massey furgusion section. I was not sure I posted it in the right forum.
Thanks again!

/ Hydralics only work when a backhoe valve is cracked open slightly? #4  
Thanks Kenny your a lifesaver. Should I remove this post or the one in the massey furgusion section. I was not sure I posted it in the right forum.
Thanks again!

Click the red triangle under your username and ask a moderator to merge the two separate ones into the hydraulics forum...this is a hydraulics question rather than a MF one.