Need HELP with 3 point hitch operation

/ Need HELP with 3 point hitch operation #1  

dixie

I bought a used M5700 that came with a M4711 backhoe. The previous owner never used the cat ll hitch, just the backhoe and fel. The M4711 has its own hydraulic pump that works off the pto. I plan on disconnecting the backhoe and install a 3 point hitch in order to connect my bush hog for mowing. With the backhoe still connected I tried lowering and raising the cat ll hitch but nothing happens when I operate the position control lever. I have the 3-point lowering speed knob set somewhere between fast and slow and the engine at idle (approximately 1200 rpm). Can someone give me a jack and jil version of what steps I need to take to get the cat ll hitch to operate properly?

Thanks in advance

/ Need HELP with 3 point hitch operation #2  
I bought a used M5700 that came with a M4711 backhoe. The previous owner never used the cat ll hitch, just the backhoe and fel. The M4711 has its own hydraulic pump that works off the pto. I plan on disconnecting the backhoe and install a 3 point hitch in order to connect my bush hog for mowing. With the backhoe still connected I tried lowering and raising the cat ll hitch but nothing happens when I operate the position control lever. I have the 3-point lowering speed knob set somewhere between fast and slow and the engine at idle (approximately 1200 rpm). Can someone give me a jack and jil version of what steps I need to take to get the cat ll hitch to operate properly?

Thanks in advance
Your 3PTH has never been used and is probably in the up position for years and w/o the lift arms and adjusters on there is no weight to lower them put the lever in lower and turn fast-slow knob to fast and put weight on arms and see if it goes down.

/ Need HELP with 3 point hitch operation #3  
Hopefully that's the case, there is no down pressure on the 3ph, uses gravity only.