Goofy 3 point action

/ Goofy 3 point action #1  

trudie1

Tractor
Kubota L3000DT
OK I am going to try this again as I am really getting tired of fighting this problem......Kubota L3000DT issue started when a hydraulic hose from the joystick to the chassis wore through and started dumping hydraulic fluid all over. I replaced both the supply and return lines (carefully so as not to cross them up). Ever since, I can't get the 3 point to lift at all until I roll the front bucket up, then the 3 point lifts as normal. Anybody ever encounter anything like this??? Appreciate anyinsight.

/ Goofy 3 point action #2  
Is the fluid foamy looking by chance?

/ Goofy 3 point action #3  
Or is the fluid low? What did you refill it with?

- JC

/ Goofy 3 point action #4  
Are you also saying that valve has to be held in bucket roll up position before 3 PH works?

/ Goofy 3 point action #5  
Are you also saying that valve has to be held in bucket roll up position before 3 PH works?

Good question. Let me split that one up.

1. Does the 3 PH work when curling the bucket (FEL valve activated)?
2. Does the 3 PH work after bucket is curled and is held against the relief?
3. Does it have to be curl, or does it work the same when dumping, too?

- JC

/ Goofy 3 point action
Nothing showing foamy at all, Thanks

/ Goofy 3 point action
Fluid filled completely with Kubota UDT fluid per specs, Thanks

/ Goofy 3 point action
I place the 3 pt lever in the raise position and nothing happens until I roll the FEL up. No other FEL operations have any effect. Thanks

/ Goofy 3 point action #9  
What everyone seems to be hinting at, I believe, is that you are having some type of loader valve problem. On my tractor, the loader valve (joystick valve) must be in neutral for the fluid to flow to the 3PH. This is the power beyond function/port on your joystick valve. What happens on my valve is there is also a plug that has to be installed inside the valve to route the fluid to the 3PH instead of back to the sump. If that plug gets loose, similar sypmtoms appear to what you've described. My guess is that you valve has something similar, although I'm just not sure if your valve looks anything like mine. I would guess this because you have to have a backpressure situation before fluid flows to the 3PH. That's why it won't work until you curl your bucket all the way up.

Anyhow, on my valve there is a hex head cover that has to be removed and the plug is below that. It takes an allen wrench to tighten the plug. I've included a picture of my valve and the cover's location, but I have no way of knowing if your valve looks or works anything like mine. It does seem strange that you would have this happen at the same time as the hose leaking. Coincidence? I'm just not sure.:confused:

Attachments

• JoystickPlug-1.jpg
    JoystickPlug-1.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 179
   / Goofy 3 point action #10  
Sounds to me like you have the roll up action in series with the 3PH somehow.
Recheck your connections, if it worked before you did the hose work, chances are that it is something you did. I always go to the last thing done when troubleshooting a problem. Maybe a piece of dirt got in there.