replace 7108 loader hydraulics

/ replace 7108 loader hydraulics #1  

skyacresfarm

I want to replace the joystick hydraulic valve bucket loader assembly on a New Holland 7108 with an electrical unit. I assume I will need an 4 position electrical joystick + two double solenoid hydraulic valves (1 for lift and other for tilt). I am unfamiliar with the valves (closed center ?) that I will need and other aspects of the hydraulic circuit.

Any insight appreciated.

/ replace 7108 loader hydraulics
I want to rig up a tilt sensor to provide autoleveling on the tilt axis. I figured interfacing a whole new electric setup would be easier than cutting into the 2 hoses to the piston and then splicing in a solenoid valve to regulate pressure to either side of the tilt cylinder. The tilt sensor I have is wired to a controller that will activate the solenoid in either direction to maintain level.

Maybe you can suggest a easier way ?

/ replace 7108 loader hydraulics
Is this a comment ? Or just a rant. If you have something worthwhile to say about my post say it . What the **** is the "smart A**" comment about ? Not all of us are "Super Members" !

I plan to put forks on the tractor to move pallets and I think self leveling would be useful.

/ replace 7108 loader hydraulics #6  
I don't think that's so much smart*** as just what seems like a much more satisfactory way to get where you're going. You're looking at a lot of pain for the gain.
Jim

/ replace 7108 loader hydraulics #7  
Look over a tractor with self level and see how the linkage is set up. That might be easier to do than the hydraulic part.

/ replace 7108 loader hydraulics #8  
I forgot you asked about valve I really do not know but, I doubt it is a closed center. From what I see most newer tractors use a open center,or tandem center valve. Another thing you could do is check with New Holland and pick their brain on this and just get ideas. End loader would use what you are asking about.If you wanted loader raised to a certain height after each scoop it would stop raising when you got there. That is of course if they had the feature installed.