Can I cap it?

/ Can I cap it? #1  

desert trader

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 165
I have a MF 165 that I am putting a pto hyd pump on to get a faster loader speed.The loader is now hooked to the auxilery hyd pump on the lower left side where the pto lever is. My question is scince I don't need the hyd from the tractor can I just cap off the hyd outlet and inlet that it is hooked to on the tractor?

/ Can I cap it? #2  
I have a MF 165 that I am putting a pto hyd pump on to get a faster loader speed.The loader is now hooked to the auxilery hyd pump on the lower left side where the pto lever is. My question is scince I don't need the hyd from the tractor can I just cap off the hyd outlet and inlet that it is hooked to on the tractor?

ONLY IF YOU HAVE DISCONNECTED THE PUMP FROM ITS DRIVE......if pump keep turning it will take severe damage.......will need oil supply for cooling and lube...

/ Can I cap it? #3  
I believe you will need to remove that pump, as it is still turning when the engine is running. Remove the pump and put a cover plate in it's place.

/ Can I cap it?
Can't remove the pump without splitting the tractor therefore the reason for the external pto pump.

/ Can I cap it? #5  
Can't remove the pump without splitting the tractor therefore the reason for the external pto pump.

Then just plumb the pump outlet (use large size pipe or 1-wire hose) to tank, and let the inlet stay as is...then oil will just circulate with minimum pressure....a little temp increase might be the result....just keep it under control....