Kubota B2910 Hydraulic Leak

/ Kubota B2910 Hydraulic Leak #1  

Elkoboy

Tractor
Kubota B2910
Hello,

Any Kubota B2910 experts out there?

I have a hydraulic leak on my B2910. See attached photos. It appears to be an inset Allen head bolt and is leaking from its center. What is this part and why is it leaking?

Also, what is the tapped hole on the top of the housing (next to the scratches)? Should there be a bolt or plug in there?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 48-187333-B2910HydraulicLeak1.jpg
    48-187333-B2910HydraulicLeak1.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 418
   / Kubota B2910 Hydraulic Leak
Another photo.

Attachments

• 48-187334-B2910HydraulicLeak2.jpg
    48-187334-B2910HydraulicLeak2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 397
   / Kubota B2910 Hydraulic Leak #3  
Hi,

I tried to take a look at my B2910 but could not see that point because of the seat assembly blocking the view. Maybe after dark I can look again with a flashlight/mirror or something...at least to see if mine also has an empty threaded hole in the top...

Mabye someone else can offer more help...hope so!

Bill Macher...in Pgh, PA...zip code anyway...

/ Kubota B2910 Hydraulic Leak #4  
Elkoboy
According to my 2910 Illustrated part list. The item that is leaking is a plug. It may need tightening or some thread sealant. Do not use Teflon tape.

/ Kubota B2910 Hydraulic Leak #5  
Elkoboy,On my B2710 the threaded hole is for a clamp for the wiring harness. And I can see the plug on the side. I would try tightening it and see it that stops the leak.

Thanks for the quick replies!

Unfortunately, the plug looks to be painted into the housing, and won't budge, and I hate to force it.

Any ideas?

/ Kubota B2910 Hydraulic Leak #7  
Perhaps tap it with a hammer or apply some heat to it.
Or if it's in a non pressure spot clean off the oil real good, get it dry and put a gob of silicone over it. Use duct tape to hold silicone in place till it cures.
Egon

RonJHall,

Why do you advise to not use Teflon tape? I have had a couple of mechanically-savvy people tell me to use Teflon tape, as well as the local Kubota dealer that does service on my tractor.

/ Kubota B2910 Hydraulic Leak #9  
<font color=blue>...Why do you advise to not use Teflon tape? ...</font color=blue>

If pieces of "teflon tape" are introduced into the hydraulic system... they can be very unforgiving... it can destroy a hydraulic pump rather quickly...

I'd clean the entire outside surface to determine exactly where the leak is originating... sometimes the "puddling" is deceiving... ending at the spot you're viewing... and not coming from...

Normally with the higher pressures involved in hydraulic fluid systems... the silicon sealant fix will normally rupture in a short period of time...

/ Kubota B2910 Hydraulic Leak #10  
What you would want to use is Loctite 542 Hydraulic Thread Sealant. Remove the plug and clean both the plug and threads on the cast part(use a Q-tip) real well. Then apply the sealant to the plug. Or you could buy a new plug which is less than a buck which comes with thread sealant already on it. The later choice is probably cheaper than buying the sealant, but if you think you may have/get leaks in other places go buy the sealant.