BX24 Top & Tilt

/ BX24 Top & Tilt #1  

Inky05

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24, Kubota L260
I want to add T & T on the BX24. I am assuming I can use a two spool tandem center Joystick valve(like a Loader valve). Use a hose with a female ISO 7241-1 "B" series coupling for the "P" port and a hose with a male coupler on the "T" port and connect them where I would connect the BH hoses... since the BH won't be on when I'm using the T & T. A & B of one spool to the Toplink and A & B of the other to the tilt cylinder.

Is this correct?

If I use a loader valve, which cylinder (if any) should have the "float" ?

/ BX24 Top & Tilt #2  
Inky I haven't removed my BH yet but isnt there a third hose on there?? I was thinking of using a diverter valve on the front to (actually 2) so I can keep my loader on if need be and use a rocker swich to go back and forth. But now things start getting complicated

/ BX24 Top & Tilt #3  
I want to add T & T on the BX24. I am assuming I can use a two spool tandem center Joystick valve(like a Loader valve). Use a hose with a female ISO 7241-1 "B" series coupling for the "P" port and a hose with a male coupler on the "T" port and connect them where I would connect the BH hoses... since the BH won't be on when I'm using the T & T. A & B of one spool to the Toplink and A & B of the other to the tilt cylinder.

Is this correct?

If I use a loader valve, which cylinder (if any) should have the "float" ?

Your tilt cylinder would be the one to have the float position.

/ BX24 Top & Tilt
Inky I haven't removed my BH yet but isnt there a third hose on there?? I was thinking of using a diverter valve on the front to (actually 2) so I can keep my loader on if need be and use a rocker swich to go back and forth. But now things start getting complicated

One nipple and one hose on the Tractor, two hoses on the Backhoe.

With BH attached one of the BH hoses plugs into the Tractor hose. The other BH hose couples onto the Tractor nipple.

Without the BH, The two BH hoses are removed and the Tractor hose couples onto the tractor nipple, thereby looping the flow from the nipple back to the tank hose.

Placing the valve with the "Pressure" port on the Tractor nipple and the "Tank" port to the Tractor hose should effectively mimic the hydraulics of the BH operationally. With the Tandem valve in the center position, the flow from the "Pressure" side will loop to the "tank" side....

...at least thats my take on it...

Your tilt cylinder would be the one to have the float position.

Thanks... Makes sense!

/ BX24 Top & Tilt #5  
If thats the case then couldn't one just use a valve with PB and run it back to the BH instead of the tank and have the valve there all the time ready for use. I know most would say why would you but if you wanted to leave the BH on and active while using the valve for a grapple or something else. It would be there like a remote. Or would running it like that cause problems. See I over think things and make it too complicated.

/ BX24 Top & Tilt
If thats the case then couldn't one just use a valve with PB and run it back to the BH instead of the tank and have the valve there all the time ready for use. I know most would say why would you but if you wanted to leave the BH on and active while using the valve for a grapple or something else. It would be there like a remote. Or would running it like that cause problems. See I over think things and make it too complicated.

Good point...

I don't quite grasp the PB concept.. if someone would post a diagram I might get it... I would think that if you put the Tandem center valve in series with the BH it would essentially accomplish the same thing... just when you're using the first valve in the series, the others wouldn't work... unless you used a priority valve... Now you got me Over-Thinking things... dang it! :D

/ BX24 Top & Tilt #7  
Yeah I dont grasp the power beyond thing either but it would be nice to have the valve there while the BH is on. My biggest problem is picking the right valve and quick connectors. All that stuff is foreign to me. Thats why I am hoping that someone does it and posts everything here including the valve and model as well as the quick connector info. I can handle the hoses and mounting.

/ BX24 Top & Tilt
I just googled PB and don't see how it is any different than what I explained using Tandem Center in series...

The numbers I listed for the QC's are correct.

This is the Valve I am considering

/ BX24 Top & Tilt #9  
I am not a hydraulic expert or anything, but still learning. From what I understand so far -with power beyond, you have one out and 2 returns. with power beyond setup, fluid is always moving.

So you will need to get an open center or one with power beyond port. From the spool you picked, it appears to be open center. you may need to check the port to make sure the plug is removed so its not setup as closed center otherwise your tractor reliefs will be kicking in continuously which is not good.

/ BX24 Top & Tilt #10  

Is this correct?

Yes,just make sure you have right gal/mn flow on valve.