63 Ford 2000

/ 63 Ford 2000 #1  

john15nlt

Tractor
Ford 2000 1969 gas / Ford 4000 1973 Disel
I recently inheireted this tractor and after some cleanup and modifications (replaced the points with electronic ign) and the defunct gaugages, it runs like a top. Moving forward I would like to add some external hydraulics options. This tractor does not have any remotes but there has to be a way to tap into that system or gain access to them, I am pretty sure the pump is located externally on the right side of the engine. Anyone have any clues about how to do this?

/ 63 Ford 2000 #2  
I recently inheireted this tractor and after some cleanup and modifications (replaced the points with electronic ign) and the defunct gaugages, it runs like a top. Moving forward I would like to add some external hydraulics options. This tractor does not have any remotes but there has to be a way to tap into that system or gain access to them, I am pretty sure the pump is located externally on the right side of the engine. Anyone have any clues about how to do this?

We have a aftermarket kit for that tractor for $379 + $17 USA shipping--Permits 2 lines out the back. Ken Sweet

/ 63 Ford 2000 #3  
According to TractorData, your machine only has 4 GPM of flow from the hydraulic pump. With this flow, you will be limited to what you can use the hydraulics for.

Ken's "kit" is probably the cheapest way...What do you want to power from it?

/ 63 Ford 2000 #4  

You have plenty of options.

you can get original ford or similar type hyd valves that bolt to the hyd top cover in place of the oem 3x5 blank option plate under the seat.. single valves go for about 150 and dual valves for about 300.

you can get new tisco reproductions for about 400/800.

you can also get a power beyond plate for about 90$ that sandwiches under your oem option plate and has a inlet and outlet to plumb to a cheaper common open center spool valve of your choosing.

I have used that plate plus a 99$ single DA spool OC pioneer valve and about 40$ of hoses and couplers to add a DA remote to one of my 55-64 tractors.. as mentioned.. cost is about 250$ as you will want the 10$ oring set to replace the orings under the option cover.. and the power beyond plate should come with it's own orings.

the more costly bolt on valves are less work.. the cheaper option makes you work more.. both have the same end result..

as was stated.. about 4gpm is what you can miuster.. don't discount that.. it runs lift cyls on rear implements fine.. and will run smaller front end laoders. I have 4-5 loaders all plumbed this way. alldepends on cyl piston size.. etc.

You won't be running any high speed hyd motors though.

You will have enough pressure to run a logsplitter.. thougfh it will be slow.. fine for homeowner work.. not for production work.

soundguy