Hydraulic Motor question

/ Hydraulic Motor question #1  

Regal

Silver Member
Tractor
4310 JD
I did a search trying to find out what the gpm is on my tractor and found -- JD 4310 and the pump puts out 8.6 gpm @ 2500 psi.
Assuming that this is correct, and I want a motor to run continuously up to aprox 800 rpm at full throttle, and develop around 10 hp, what cu in displacement should I look for? How do you calculate gpm - psi - rpm- cu in - to know what you want?
I built a cab and have yet to complete the A/C. I have all the components but don't want to do all the modifications needed under the hood to make room for the compressor.My intention is to power an AC compressor mounted up in the cab roof with everything else.
I intend to cut into the pressure line that feeds the loader valve, run thru the hydraulic motor and back into the loader valve. The motor will run continuously and that's ok. I know it will vary with engine rpm and I'm ok with that too. Am I nuts??

/ Hydraulic Motor question #4  
I intend to cut into the pressure line that feeds the loader valve, run thru the hydraulic motor and back into the loader valve.

Are you thinking of running this in series with the hydraulic system ? ... ??? this can not be a good idea. What size lines are you thinking of using? and why not use a belt driven compressor on the engine with refrigerant lines running to the roof mounted evaporator?, where are you planning to mount the condenser? Even if the hydraulic system is used as an either/or, AC drive or loader and 3pt isn't the roof unit getting rather busy??

/ Hydraulic Motor question #5  
agree with the "kenny's".....running a cooling system with a "heating" system is not the right solution....:thumbdown:

better plumbing the AC lines to the roof than hydraulic lines.......:thumbsup:

/ Hydraulic Motor question
glastron23
Thanks for the calculator. That's what I needed.
Kenny, Kenny, Akkamaan
It appears to be about a 5/8" line feeding the loader valve so I would use at least that large up to the hyd motor and back. I would plan on 3/4" fittings at the motor so as to not restrict flow. With full flow running thru the motor,unrestricted, the loader valve shouldn't know the difference. I was told once that an A/C unit pulls around 10 hp, so if I have like 14hp motor, it should run with ease.
The condenser/ evaporator/ heater core and fans are already mounted. Duct work is done and still have lots of room for compressor with drive motor. This will also keep all the lines short and not require much 134A. In order to mount a compressor on the engine I will have to cut away about 1/2" of the muffler and relocate the alternator. Too much change over.
If you think this is nuts, you should see what I tried first. A 120 volt pop cooler compressor powered by inverter. IT almost works. I think it doesn't like the rough ride. Works fine sitting still but not on the go.
Am I still nuts??

/ Hydraulic Motor question #7  
glastron23

Am I still nuts??

If you gotta ask.......:D Iowa stands for Idiot Out Walking Around :D:D

A concern I would have is that will this motor be up stream of the loader control valve. When you operate the loader both sides of the motor will see system pressure. This could potentially blow the shaft seals on your motor.

Roy

/ Hydraulic Motor question
I had planned to put it in line before the loader valve. Isn't there a constant flow that travels thru this line and thru the loader valve, bypassing to return? I followed the line from pump back. It appears to feed the 3 pt and passes on thru wrapping around the back and into loader valve. I am only assuming that there is a constant flow thru this line. If not, I'm back to the drawing board.

/ Hydraulic Motor question #9  
Isn't there a constant flow that travels thru this line and thru the loader valve...

BUT if you do infact put this in series, any pressure build up that is felt through the down stream systems, like loader or 3pt will be seen across the in and out of the hydraulic motor.
It is going to be quite a motor that will stand the pressure...

/ Hydraulic Motor question #10  
If you gotta ask.......:D Iowa stands for Idiot Out Walking Around :D:D

A concern I would have is that will this motor be up stream of the loader control valve. When you operate the loader both sides of the motor will see system pressure. This could potentially blow the shaft seals on your motor.

Roy

Well Roy, I tell everyone I am, the biggest idiot I know. Now I have an excuse!!!!!:thumbsup: