Stump grinder hydraulics

/ Stump grinder hydraulics #1  

atgvir

Tractor
Kubota L4240 HST
I own a B7800 with front loader and am looking into buying a stump grinder for my tractor. I don't have rear hydraulics and would like to know if I remove my front loader, could I connect the stump grinder into the quick connects for the loader with long hydraulic line. The grinder uses hydraulics to move side to side and up and down.

Thanks,

Todd

/ Stump grinder hydraulics #2  
Yes, you can. Or you can use the power beyond port so you don't have to remove your loader.

/ Stump grinder hydraulics
What is the power beyond port and what would it entail to use it.

Thanks,

Todd

/ Stump grinder hydraulics #4  
Make sure your current pump can provide enough hydraulic power (flow and pressure)to run the grinder at, or close to, rated performance

/ Stump grinder hydraulics #5  
I think he just needs to run the cylinders that move it, and not to power it.

Power beyond is a port that will be on your loader valve, which likely goes to your 3PH right now, you would just put your valves in series with that.

If you look at my thread here http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/hydraulics/171310-grapple-hookup.html we talk about it and there are some diagrams. I will be using a electric valve, but it should be the same for any open center valve.

/ Stump grinder hydraulics #6  
I own a B7800 with front loader and am looking into buying a stump grinder for my tractor. I don't have rear hydraulics and would like to know if I remove my front loader, could I connect the stump grinder into the quick connects for the loader with long hydraulic line. The grinder uses hydraulics to move side to side and up and down.

Thanks,

Todd

Welcome to TBN Todd:D

Sure, you can do that, it will be the cheapest way to control your grinder. The other option that WV is talking about is adding "rear remotes", basically a new valve at the rear of the machine to control anything hydraulic. This option will cost about $400-$500 to do. Search the term "remotes" in the Hydraulics forum for hours of reading.