Hydraulic Quick Connect Won't Connect

/ Hydraulic Quick Connect Won't Connect #11  
I'd like that feature. Maybe look at getting that coupling next time.

/ Hydraulic Quick Connect Won't Connect #12  
If your certain that there is no pressure in the lines then:
1/ If there been sitting outside for a while, get some WD40 and give them a good squirt. Work the female coupling cam back and forward making sure all the ball bearings are free.
2/ Make sure there is no dirt in them.
3/ Now in my workplace, people just dont gently put down hoses, they drop them. Therefore some QD's hit the hard ground, and can get "bruised" quite easily. Check that the male coupling has not got any rough surfaces, if so clean up with a small file, until nice and smooth.
Check the female coupling is also not "bruised" on the cam. If it is bruised and the cam does not pull back, buy a new coupling.

Good luck:thumbsup:

/ Hydraulic Quick Connect Won't Connect #13  
It may not be the main "Oil-Sealing balls in the connectors that are 'hanging-up'. Might be the cirle of smaller ones in the female connector.....! Only takes one to hang, and give you grief! I like the soaking that Kenny suggested! ~S

/ Hydraulic Quick Connect Won't Connect
Thanks everyone. I ended up soaking the couplers, then I cut a section of broom handle...tapped it into the joints and freed everything up. I'm good to go!

/ Hydraulic Quick Connect Won't Connect #15  
Thanks to this discussion I was able to figure how to get my collars out. I got a 3/4" bolt and carefully stuck it in each opening and applied a little pressure and pulled them out with very little force.

/ Hydraulic Quick Connect Won't Connect #16  
October 2014....My son and I ran into this same problem with our Mahindra, took a while but we finally figured out that there was pressure in the lines on the femaleside of the system (in our case with the front loader...or as we affectionately call it, the front scoopy thing). We took the rounded end of a cart hitch and gently pushed the female fitting pin in several times. You'll see fluid drip or well up inside the fitting. This released just enough pressure in the hose that the fitting went that final bit of an inch and seated and locked into place. Bear in mind, you need to have pressure reduced on the male side as well; wagging the control arm in all directions reduced things enough so we could manually be able to push the male fitting pin in. If you can't, then you have too much pressure built up on that side...that'll occur if you happen to turn the tractor on even for a second and charge up the system again. Anyways, we kept thinking that the pin in the female side was fixed and didn't move, and that there wasn't much pressure to speak of in that side of the system. Well, there is, and that's where the problem was. Hope this helps anyone similarly stumped out there.

/ Hydraulic Quick Connect Won't Connect #17  
When I detach the FEL this winter in order to mount my snowplow, I assembled a valve to connect to one of the main FEL cyl. hoses. It will allow me to easily bleed off any pressure in the line that may build up before attaching the FEL in the spring (or any time in between when I want to use the FEL instead of the snowplow). One female connector, a reducer, and an old drain plug removed from my JD 420 2-cyl engine when I installed a tank heater.

Attachments

• Relief_valve_FEL.JPG
    Relief_valve_FEL.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 425
   / Hydraulic Quick Connect Won't Connect #19  
Thank you for this information. You saved me from going completely insane. A few taps with a hammer and like magic they connected without a problem.

/ Hydraulic Quick Connect Won't Connect #20  
My Kubota came with two male connectors on the tractor and two female on the bucket (4-way). I've changed that out so that each side has one male and one female.

I always turn the key on (engine not running) and push the buttons to relieve the pressure on the tractor side.

When hookup is difficult, I can easily release bucket pressure by tapping the male end of the hose on the bucket.

Not only can they build pressure sitting in the sun, my experience is that they usually do.