Hydraulic Quick Connect Won't Connect

/ Hydraulic Quick Connect Won't Connect #1  

Tr4824

I'm having trouble connecting my hydraulic hose. There is no pressure on the implement end or the tactor end. It almost appears that the ball bearings inside the female (tractor side) are not retracting. The hydraulics haven't been used in about 8 months. I am stumped!
Thanks

/ Hydraulic Quick Connect Won't Connect #2  
Welcome to the forum.
Over time, there may have been pressure build up in the oil line with the male connector. Wrap good with a rag, and push in on the center pin in the male connector. If pressure there, the oil will squirt out with some force. If no pressure, then the pin will push in easily.

I'd suspect that before the female side. But changing out the female connector might be in order if you establish that the pin in the male connector has no pressure behind it.

/ Hydraulic Quick Connect Won't Connect #3  
If you can't depress the inside nipple with your finger, chances are that there is built-up pressure in the lines (can happen just from sitting in the sun). It may not seem that there is any pressure, but only a few pounds of pressure will make the coupler seem like it is frozen. The common remedy is to hold a blunt object (pin punch, rod, or the like) against the inside nipple and rap it with a hammer or wrench to release the pressure. Not too hard, but enough to depress the nipple. Use a rag to keep the fluid from spraying. After that you should be able to depress the nipple with your finger.

It was very frustrating when I first experienced this, and this forum helped to keep my sanity.;)

/ Hydraulic Quick Connect Won't Connect
I can drepress the pins on both the male side and the female side. Any other ideas? This is driving me crazy! Thanks!

/ Hydraulic Quick Connect Won't Connect #5  
my experience with the QC couplers have to pull back on the locking collar in order for them to sepperate, then the locking collar usually stay back untill when re-connected then when pushing onto the other pc, the locking collar simply snaps back into place to hold them together, although sometimes these collars ware out and have to be pulled back in order for them to slide back together,.... I rarely disconnect the Hydro lines from my tractor, But I use QC's every day in my work with air hoses, working the QC's at least 50 times a day when changing out nail guns and can ware them out quickly,

/ Hydraulic Quick Connect Won't Connect #6  
Tr
This is happening with one connector or all?

/ Hydraulic Quick Connect Won't Connect #7  
I am guessing here that maybe dirt has worked up in around the sleeve that needs to be pushed back, and not allowing sleeve to slide back far enough. Try some cheap penatrating oil to flush it out while constantly working it back and forth.

/ Hydraulic Quick Connect Won't Connect #8  
.............., then the locking collar usually stay back untill when re-connected then when pushing onto the other pc, the locking collar simply snaps back into place to hold them together, ............,

I've not seen the QC that the locking collar stays back until pushing the male end in to engage. The locking collars snap back to home position right away. But I sure haven't seen 'em all. :) Have that with some PTO shaft connectors, but not hyd. QC's.

/ Hydraulic Quick Connect Won't Connect #9  
I'm having trouble connecting my hydraulic hose. There is no pressure on the implement end or the tactor end. It almost appears that the ball bearings inside the female (tractor side) are not retracting. The hydraulics haven't been used in about 8 months. I am stumped!
Thanks

Sitting outside? Then the balls are probably rusted and nut moving. Soak in PB Blaster for a while.

/ Hydraulic Quick Connect Won't Connect #10  
I've not seen the QC that the locking collar stays back until pushing the male end in to engage. The locking collars snap back to home position right away. But I sure haven't seen 'em all. :) Have that with some PTO shaft connectors, but not hyd. QC's.

The QD's on my 4110 are like that, the collars stay back and pop closed when the male tip is inserted.