Ford 850 1956. hydro trbl. lifting

/ Ford 850 1956. hydro trbl. lifting #1  

KerryR

Hydraulics barely lift implement off ground and it starts to drop as i begin to drive. Fluids are fresh and full. No leaks that i can see. Need help!!!!

/ Ford 850 1956. hydro trbl. lifting #2  
First, install a hyd gage and check for pressure, and then use it for trouble shooting.

/ Ford 850 1956. hydro trbl. lifting
where do you hook up the guage to the hydraulic system? How much psi should i have.

/ Ford 850 1956. hydro trbl. lifting #4  
If you only have 3ph, just install it in a convenient place by teeing into the pressure hose. If you have FEL, tee it in at the input to the FEL valve. If you are not using any hyd power, the gage will read low pressure. If any valve is activated, the pressure developed will be reflected on the hyd pressure gage. You will now have a way to set/adjust the relief valves .

/ Ford 850 1956. hydro trbl. lifting #5  
the pump has a plug in the front top of the head. that's an ok spot for a gauge.. so is the plug in the 3x5 option cover under the seat. get a 0-3000 psi, preferably liquid filled gauge.

chain the upper lift arms to the axle trumpets, then exercise the lift and watch the gauge.

relief is 2000-2200 psi.. and the 3pt relief valve is factory solder sealed and generally speaking, not adjustable.

pump maxes out at about 4gpm at high rpm.. and likes aw32/46 or UTF type oils.. not gear oils like 90w or 80w90 and not 50w engine oil.

post back.

soundguy