Strategy for rear hydraulics from Kubota B2920 FEL

/ Strategy for rear hydraulics from Kubota B2920 FEL #1  

Beesagood

Tractor
Kubota B2920
Hello, I bought my Kubota B2920 FEL used...just with the FEL. I think I need to make a decision between hooking upto to the existing hydraulics and buying a PTO driven pump.

I'm looking to put a cement mixer mounted on the 3 point hitch. The mixer would be driven by the PTO and the 'dump' would be linked to the hydraulics somehow.

The other attachment I am planning on is getting is the TSC 3 point wood splitter.

TractorData.com states that the hydraulics are open center with a GPM of 31.4. I know this model has the option of a backhoe but I have no idea how the hydraulic power is generataed for those things.

Could someone get me on the right track as regards a strategy? Should I hook into the FEL, somewhere else on the tractor, or resort to getting a PTO pump? I probably wouldn't want to tun the mixer and the PTO pump at the same time, right?

:confused:

/ Strategy for rear hydraulics from Kubota B2920 FEL #2  
Does you FEL valve have a power beyond port? Usually it is labeled "PB" If so, you can tie in there for your rear remotes.

/ Strategy for rear hydraulics from Kubota B2920 FEL #3  
Also, I am skeptical of the 30+ GPM rating at TractorData.

/ Strategy for rear hydraulics from Kubota B2920 FEL #4  
Kubota Tractor Corporation - Tractors | B Series | B2320/B2620/B2920

8.3 GPM

Your BH or mixer should work with this flow. If your FEL valve does not have PB, you could add a new FEL valve with PB for around $250, and move the old FEL valve to the rear.

Why not turn the cement mixer with a hyd motor.

Someone on TBN did a nice job using a cement mixer and hyd motor.

/ Strategy for rear hydraulics from Kubota B2920 FEL #5  
Kubota lists the total pump output at 8.3 Gallons Per Minute. The 31.4 is Liters Per Minute.

/ Strategy for rear hydraulics from Kubota B2920 FEL
Thank-you all. I think the 2 magic words here are "Power Beyond".

I will spend the rest of my day hydraulic-sizing.

/ Strategy for rear hydraulics from Kubota B2920 FEL #8  
Now that we know the actual flow....

The tilt cylinder for your mixer should not be a problem.

2 problems with the log splitter-

#1- With that volume of flow, it will be pretty slow going. It will work, just don't be in a hurry.
#2- You won't be able to use the FEL for your wood moving tasks if the splitter is hooked to the tractor. When we split wood, it goes from the splitter into the bucket, then transported to the shed to be ricked. Not sure if that is an issue for you or not, but something to consider.