Cub Cadet 7200 Backhoe Not Working

/ Cub Cadet 7200 Backhoe Not Working #1  

Rastafunk

I have a 2003 Cub Cadet 7200 with a Woods 457 Backhoe. After a couple months of use, a line on the backhoe blew. I took the backhoe off in order to replace the hose and still be able to use the tractor in the mean time, and when I re-attached the backhoe, it no longer worked. I am not very familiar with hydraulics, but I know I hooked the lines up correctly. Any ideas why it no longer works? Do I need to bleed the system? Thanks!

/ Cub Cadet 7200 Backhoe Not Working #2  
I have a 2003 Cub Cadet 7200 with a Woods 457 Backhoe. After a couple months of use, a line on the backhoe blew. I took the backhoe off in order to replace the hose and still be able to use the tractor in the mean time, and when I re-attached the backhoe, it no longer worked. I am not very familiar with hydraulics, but I know I hooked the lines up correctly. Any ideas why it no longer works? Do I need to bleed the system? Thanks!

Rastafunk,
I am thinking your quick disconnects are not fully engaged. Then again, maybe a relief valve blew and stuck in that position.
hugs, Brandi

/ Cub Cadet 7200 Backhoe Not Working #3  
There is no need to "bleed" the system, just moving all functions from lock-to-lock will do that.

Does the engine sound labored at all? Like Brandi wrote, recheck all the connection again.

/ Cub Cadet 7200 Backhoe Not Working #4  

I would encourage everyone using hydraulics to install a hyd gage in the hyd system, to know what is normal and not normal.

/ Cub Cadet 7200 Backhoe Not Working #5  
I would encourage everyone using hydraulics to install a hyd gage in the hyd system, to know what is normal and not normal.

JJ,
That is a good idea, but how does it relate to his backhoe not working now?:confused2:
Brandi

/ Cub Cadet 7200 Backhoe Not Working #6  
Because you will know when you have pressure to any circuit, and how much.

QD's unlatched could shut off pressure.

In a complete BH circuit, the fluid flows through all valves in line, including the BH control valve, and then to tank. If pressure builds up on the gage, when you move a BH lever, then you have pressure, hopefully enough.

/ Cub Cadet 7200 Backhoe Not Working #7  
I've done this myself before. 99% chance of the quick disconnects not connected properly. They might LOOK attached....and FEEL attached.....but they're NOT attached.

/ Cub Cadet 7200 Backhoe Not Working #9  
I should have said shut off hyd flow.