parts list for rear remotes

/ parts list for rear remotes #1  

atgvir

Tractor
Kubota L4240 HST
I would appreciate it if someone could give me a parts list for what I would need to add two rear remote valves to my Kubota B7800. It does have a front end loader with PB port. The specs are:

Hydraulics Type Open center
Pump Dual pump
Total pump output 9.5 gal.
Hydraulic outlet Front outlet
3-point hitch Category I
Hydraulic control system Quarter Inching Valve
Lift capacity: at lift point 2139 lbs.
24" behind LP 1300 lbs.
Steering Power steering

I am going to purchase a stump grinder that uses the hydraulics to move back / forth and up /down. I think I understand how to do this but am unsure of which parts to order. Part numbers from the surplus center would be nice. Thanks,

Todd

/ parts list for rear remotes #2  
Todd
First you have to know where you want to mount the valve. What size and type the ports are in the valve. If it was me, try to find with #8 sae size
ports with pb plug. They should be around 10 to 15 gpm and the valve well be small in size. Then I know you can get the help you need. Lee

/ parts list for rear remotes
Would this remote work?https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-7862&catname=hydraulic
I am going to mount the valve at the back of the tractor.
This is how I think it will work. I will run a line from the PB port out on the front end loader valve to the PB port in on valve mounted at the back of the tractor.
On the back valve, I will run a line from the Pb out to the rear lift hydraulics in.
I will install a t in the return and hook up a line from the rear remote. Does this sound correct. I am not sure what size line and what type connects I will need to make all this work.

/ parts list for rear remotes #4  
First, you will need to know what size/type of fitting the PB port is.

Then, you will need to get a hose (and possibly associated adapters) to connect to the PB port on the remote valve.

Next, you will need to connect the PB on the new valve to either the hose that was connected to the PB port on the loader valve, OR to the now unconnected end of that hose. I would just connect to the same place that hose connected to simplify things.

Then, you will need to connect the T (tank) port on your new valve. Someone else will have to chime in, but I THINK you can tee into the current line connected to the tank port on the loader valve. You can tee this because it is waste or low pressure oil. MAKE SURE SOMEONE like J_J or Kenny verifies this.

Lastly, you will need to get hoses to connect to the work ports on your new valve to quick connects at the rear of the tractor.

I didn't install remotes, but I did install another valve after my loader valve. The approach I took was to do the best I could in ordering hoses and fittings for the known ports, in my case they were 3/8 NPT and resigned myself to having to source some adapters locally when I put everything together.

/ parts list for rear remotes #5  
The valve you linked to should work just fine. Just make sure you get the PB plug for it. All of my comments above apply to it as well.

Also, which quick coupler adapter will I need for the second remote for the woods implement to connect into. Is there a standard one used for most implements.

Thanks,

/ parts list for rear remotes #7  
That valve well work good, but it is 5 1/2 X 7 1/2". See if you can find a smaller one. Would make for a better looking job. The work ports can be smaller then #8, like 6 or 4.

/ parts list for rear remotes #8  
Here's how I did it on my B-7800. It utilizes a Cross AD series 2 spool valve I bought from Messicks..

Attachments

• IMG_2583.jpg
    IMG_2583.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_2585.jpg
    IMG_2585.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_2587.jpg
    IMG_2587.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_2580.jpg
    IMG_2580.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 242
Thanks,

Nice looking job.

/ parts list for rear remotes #10  
WV is steering you correct-he was taught well:thumbsup:

-PB (also labeled BYD) from the loader valve to the IN or P (pressure) port of the new valve.
-PB (BYD) on the new valve to wherever the line was connected from the loader valve.
-OUT or T port to the tank, and yes-it can be Tee'd with the one from the loader valve.

As for QD's, I would match whatever you have now for your, Probably Pioneer's or Safeway"s.

A smaller, more compact (and more expensive) is the 9-4501, but the one you linked will work fine.

As for a "parts list"...good luck! We all had to learn the hard way also!;) But seriously I doubt anybody will have a detailed list of everything they used.