milky oil

/ milky oil #1  

dandog

Hi Guys,a newbie owner of a small Iseki 2160 4wd.Just replaced a blown frost plug on the engine and ran her up to hot afterwards.Then I noticed frothy greyish white oil bubbling/ooozing out of the filler cap under the tractor seat,over thew rear axle,thats if this is the filler cap!!!I drove it several miles home after intial puchase with no problems,only a slight leak from the blown frost plug on the engine...whats my remedy or check from here,is there a heat exchanger/hydraulic oil cooler that might be leaking possibly?Any help thoughts appreciated,while Im mechanicaly minded ,tractors and hydraulics are all new!!cheers Dandog

/ milky oil #2  
My thoughts would be head gasket,but a I ain't a mecanic

/ milky oil #3  
Remove the milky hyd fluid and replace with the correct fluid. You may not have any trouble at all. Just find out where the water is getting into the reservoir.

/ milky oil
thanks for that....am I right in assuming there is no oil cooler?and any idea what I should put in her?Do the gearbox and transmission have seperate oils on these babies??cheers again Dandog

/ milky oil #5  
thanks for that....am I right in assuming there is no oil cooler?and any idea what I should put in her?Do the gearbox and transmission have seperate oils on these babies??cheers again Dandog
Although there's a wealth of information on this site some questions,such as correct fluid specs & capacities and fill/drain locations, can best be answered in your owner's manual. If you don't have one they're pretty cheap. Congratlations and good luck with your new tractor.

/ milky oil #6  
Dandog, there is a Iseki specific on the main forum area that you may want to ask that question, most guys that like to play here in hydraulic area would have answered by now if they knew answer. Good luck.