Air hose repair????

/ Air hose repair???? #1  

shinnlinger

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L2850
Hi,

I have tried barb couplings with hose clamps to repair air hose in the past, but they have always leaked. I wonder if pex style crimps would work with 1/2 hose, but the other day my nail gun fell off the ladder and pinched a hole in my 1/4 flexible 100 ft $50 hose and I am wondering if their are hydraulic fittings or something better I can use. It is 6 feet from the end and I don't mind crimping a new end on and making shorter hose.

Thanks.

Dave

/ Air hose repair???? #2  
Hi,

I have tried barb couplings with hose clamps to repair air hose in the past, but they have always leaked. I wonder if pex style crimps would work with 1/2 hose, but the other day my nail gun fell off the ladder and pinched a hole in my 1/4 flexible 100 ft $50 hose and I am wondering if their are hydraulic fittings or something better I can use. It is 6 feet from the end and I don't mind crimping a new end on and making shorter hose.

Thanks.

Dave

What's leaking?
The actual coupling or is it leaking air from where the barb goes into the air hose?
Proper air hose, with the correct air hose fitting tail end, do not require a hose clamp. The barbs hold it all in there. When you 1st put the barb in the hose, you should not be able to pull it out by hand.
Having the hose clamp on there could be because its leaking.

If your thinking about hose crimps. Then you need to have the correct crimp for the correct hose.

Duff:thumbsup:

/ Air hose repair???? #3  
Hose & Hose Ends
i think you will find a reusable fitting with barbed fitting and a screw over crimp just add your air hose nipple on.They are a little bulky but dont leak i have always used a barbed fitting and two 1/4" clamps cut off excess clamp and filed the end as to make it safe on my hand.

/ Air hose repair???? #4  
get a barb coupler and a couple Oetikar 2 ear clamps. The O clamps are a much lower profile than regular screw clamps. plus they seal , and stay sealed wuite well
Home OETIKER International

/ Air hose repair????
After I typed this this morning, I went out to my leaky hose pile and grabbed two 1/2 hoses and replaced the hose clamps with pex crimps and they work great with nothing to snag. I now just need to find something for my 1/4 hose and Mylynch may have provided the answer.

Thanks.

Dave