Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L2850

Default Air hose repair????

Hi,

I have tried barb couplings with hose clamps to repair air hose in the past, but they have always leaked. I wonder if pex style crimps would work with 1/2 hose, but the other day my nail gun fell off the ladder and pinched a hole in my 1/4 flexible 100 ft $50 hose and I am wondering if their are hydraulic fittings or something better I can use. It is 6 feet from the end and I don't mind crimping a new end on and making shorter hose.

Thanks.

Dave
    Shinnlinger

34 horse Kubota L2850, JD 690B excavator,
    52 GMC Dump Truck, Turner Bandmill

Default Re: Air hose repair????

Quote Originally Posted by shinnlinger View Post
    Hi,

I have tried barb couplings with hose clamps to repair air hose in the past, but they have always leaked. I wonder if pex style crimps would work with 1/2 hose, but the other day my nail gun fell off the ladder and pinched a hole in my 1/4 flexible 100 ft $50 hose and I am wondering if their are hydraulic fittings or something better I can use. It is 6 feet from the end and I don't mind crimping a new end on and making shorter hose.

Thanks.

Dave
    What's leaking?
    The actual coupling or is it leaking air from where the barb goes into the air hose?
    Proper air hose, with the correct air hose fitting tail end, do not require a hose clamp. The barbs hold it all in there. When you 1st put the barb in the hose, you should not be able to pull it out by hand.
    Having the hose clamp on there could be because its leaking.

If your thinking about hose crimps. Then you need to have the correct crimp for the correct hose.

Duff

Tractor
    kubota B8200 Johndeere 316

Hose & Hose Ends
    i think you will find a reusable fitting with barbed fitting and a screw over crimp just add your air hose nipple on.They are a little bulky but dont leak i have always used a barbed fitting and two 1/4" clamps cut off excess clamp and filed the end as to make it safe on my hand.

Tractor
    BX 25, ZD 326

get a barb coupler and a couple Oetikar 2 ear clamps. The O clamps are a much lower profile than regular screw clamps. plus they seal , and stay sealed wuite well
    Home OETIKER International

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L2850

After I typed this this morning, I went out to my leaky hose pile and grabbed two 1/2 hoses and replaced the hose clamps with pex crimps and they work great with nothing to snag. I now just need to find something for my 1/4 hose and Mylynch may have provided the answer.

Thanks.

Dave
    Shinnlinger

34 horse Kubota L2850, JD 690B excavator,
    52 GMC Dump Truck, Turner Bandmill