Problem with john deere 300cx loader

/ Problem with john deere 300cx loader #1  

jldhome

Tractor
john deere 3120
My relatively new John Deere 300cx loader on a 3120 compact tractor has been gradually losing lift height. It will now only lift to about 50% of the height it did when new. Don't know if it is related but problem seemed to begin after I blew a hydraulic line on my backhoe which was replaced. Any ideas on what is causing problem. Could it be trapped air pocket in hydraulic system from blown hydraulic line?

/ Problem with john deere 300cx loader #2  
My relatively new John Deere 300cx loader on a 3120 compact tractor has been gradually losing lift height. It will now only lift to about 50% of the height it did when new. Don't know if it is related but problem seemed to begin after I blew a hydraulic line on my backhoe which was replaced. Any ideas on what is causing problem. Could it be trapped air pocket in hydraulic system from blown hydraulic line?

Dumb question but: Did you refill the hydraulic reservoir after the hose blew?

Is the lift height with empty bucket or full load?

If it was air it should not make any difference on lift height but to remove air you would typically cycle the cylinders over there whole range a few times.

Roy

/ Problem with john deere 300cx loader #3  
Welcome to TBN:D
First, the system is "self bleeding" so any air will purge itself as you use the hydraulics.

The most common problem of not lifting all the way or at all is the QD's (quick disconnects) that connect the hydraulic lines from the loader to the tractor. Unplug them all-then reconnect them. Often they get jarred and "look" connected but are not.

Does the engine labor at all when the loader stops lifting?

After the hose change, was the fluid level checked?

/ Problem with john deere 300cx loader
Kennyd,

Unplugged and reconnected the QD's as you suggested and the loader now goes to full lift height!!!!!

Thank you so much!

/ Problem with john deere 300cx loader #5  
Kennyd,

Unplugged and reconnected the QD's as you suggested and the loader now goes to full lift height!!!!!

Thank you so much!

Great news:thumbsup: Like I said, it is the most common problem;)

/ Problem with john deere 300cx loader #6  
   / Problem with john deere 300cx loader #7  
New member today because 300CX loader on JD 3320 refused lift past halfway.

I figured for sure I had snagged a hose since I was clearing light brush all day.

But there was nary a drip anywhere and the fluid was clean and full. This rig has only167 hours.

Yes, one of the quick disconnect lines was loose.

You guys are awesome and probably saved me an embarrassing service call.

joe

/ Problem with john deere 300cx loader #8  
New member today because 300CX loader on JD 3320 refused lift past halfway.

I figured for sure I had snagged a hose since I was clearing light brush all day.

But there was nary a drip anywhere and the fluid was clean and full. This rig has only167 hours.

Yes, one of the quick disconnect lines was loose.

You guys are awesome and probably saved me an embarrassing service call.

joe

Glad to help Joe, welcome to TBN:D

/ Problem with john deere 300cx loader #9  
It's amazing how the various problem solutions on this forum can address some of my own problems. I had the same "half-lift" on my 300CX. Engine would labor when it got that far. Scratched my head, looked at everything I could imagine. Then, I came over to this hydraulic foruml; lo and behold, the answer jumped out, just like what I was looking for. I tapped each of the Q/D's, and had one that moved inward ever so slightly. Checked the lift.... now works like it should... goes all the way up. Thanks to all who contibuted to this particular problem, and thanks to TractorByNet for sponsoring this forum.:)

/ Problem with john deere 300cx loader #10  
I have a problem on the 300cx. The mounting posts slip up on the fixed mounts of the tractor when I lift. I have adjusted the locks to spec and over adjusted them and the problem still persists. Bill.