Changed Hydraulic Fluid & Filter Oil not going down

/ Changed Hydraulic Fluid & Filter Oil not going down #1  

greenscapes

Tractor
Gravely 2548
Hi new member changed my hydraulic fluid & filters today (first time) oil is not going down lines and it didn't take as much as it said it would and the hydraulics don't seem to be engaging now and I need this mower for work on Monday. Any ideas. It's a Gravley 2548. Any help would be apprieciated.

Thanks

/ Changed Hydraulic Fluid & Filter Oil not going down #2  
Welcome greenscapes to TBN. You might have created an "air void" after changing the filter. Make sure the hyd. filter you installed is the correct one. Next, take the hyd filter off, fill with hyd. oil reinstall and try to operate machine. Lawnsite.com might be helpful for such a machine also:D

/ Changed Hydraulic Fluid & Filter Oil not going down #3  
When I changed my hydraulic fluid for the first time, it took about 10 minutes of running & operating controls before it purged itself enough to work properly... had me scared for a bit, figured I messed up somewhere- but it eventually came out just fine.

/ Changed Hydraulic Fluid & Filter Oil not going down #4  
I have a ferris and had to change my fluid. The Ferris rep explained to me how to change it. I think it cost me quit a bit more in fluid this way, but I know I was safe. He told me to take the return line off the tank and run it to a bucket. Start the machine and have someone run through the controls for a few min while I kept the tank full. I kept this up until I had about a qt more fluid in the bucket then the systems capacity.

/ Changed Hydraulic Fluid & Filter Oil not going down
Thanks for the suggestions will give them a try today. Hopefully something will work.