What are all the possibilities....

/ What are all the possibilities....
Well, I just got in from putting the re-built cylinder back on the machine.... Problem is the same as it was before.... I guess I will go to the hydraulic shop Monday and see what they suggest and see if they will warrant the rebuild they did on the valves. Im willing to bet that because I did the removal and re installation the first time around they will make me do the same again....

/ What are all the possibilities.... #12  
How much was the original valve rebuild?

Maybe it is my old age and suspicion, but letting the people who rebuilt the valves diagnose what is wrong now, is almost never going to lead to a diagnosis of a bad rebuild, especially if they have to fix it on their own nickel.

I would probably be willing to invest 20-30% of the initial rebuild cost in getting an independent diagnosis of the problem. I some other mechanic says the rebuild is faulty, I would be asking the shop for both another rebuild, and the cost of the mechanic.

/ What are all the possibilities....
How much was the original valve rebuild?

Maybe it is my old age and suspicion, but letting the people who rebuilt the valves diagnose what is wrong now, is almost never going to lead to a diagnosis of a bad rebuild, especially if they have to fix it on their own nickel.

I would probably be willing to invest 20-30% of the initial rebuild cost in getting an independent diagnosis of the problem. I some other mechanic says the rebuild is faulty, I would be asking the shop for both another rebuild, and the cost of the mechanic.

I agree with that 100%, but if I take it somewhere else im afraid the original shop will just say the second shop is wrong or lieing, or that I messed up what they did before taking it to the second shop. The rebuild was about 300, but it was only that because I took the valves off myself. I am at the point now where I am done messing with it. The ONLY other place I could take it is the CAT dealer, and I know they are going to be high. Either way I am going to have to pay someone to transport, and the CAT dealer is MUCH closer so it might all be a wash.

I know if I take it to CAT and they tell me the original rebuild is the issue I am going to demand a refund from the first place.

/ What are all the possibilities.... #14  
I know if I take it to CAT and they tell me the original rebuild is the issue I am going to demand a refund from the first place.

Rather than paying a haul fee and try to DEMAND anything, call the hydraulic shop and ask if they will provide some onsite assistance. Sounds like you decided the valve was bad and dropped it off for an overhaul. How are they the bad guys for doing what you asked?