Hydralic problem

/ Hydralic problem #1  

Tool Maker

Tractor
ford 1300
I'm working on a friends import Ford 1300. The bucket lifts very slowly and will not lift much weight. Ive gone completely through the system and not found anything visibly wrong. Ive replaced the Pump with a used one but it could be worn out. it seems to pump air but I have replaced all the O'Rings and gaskets and cant find any leaks. Oh by the way I just joined this forum today and hope to be of service. I'm 73 and have worked with Hydraulics for 40 years so this is a real stump-er. to me. Mac

/ Hydralic problem #2  
I'm working on a friends import Ford 1300. The bucket lifts very slowly and will not lift much weight. Ive gone completely through the system and not found anything visibly wrong. Ive replaced the Pump with a used one but it could be worn out. it seems to pump air but I have replaced all the O'Rings and gaskets and cant find any leaks. Oh by the way I just joined this forum today and hope to be of service. I'm 73 and have worked with Hydraulics for 40 years so this is a real stump-er. to me. Mac

Check piston seal for leakage....disconnect rod side hoses, plug rod side port on CV, and then collect eventual oil from rod side into a bucket....remember that the two lift cylinders are hooked up parallel, so this test can not tell which , of the two,cylinder pistons that is leaking, unless you split the parallel rod side connection...

/ Hydralic problem #3  
Welcome to TBN:D

When you say "it seems to pump air" does that mean the fluid is foaming? Possibly a suction side leak that would not be easy to find.

/ Hydralic problem #4  
Have you installed a gage to check hyd pressure. Other than observation, a gage is the best tool to trouble shoot hydraulics. What are the other symptoms? How about 3ph, power steering, etc? fluid level, color, smell, etc. Any air bubbles? Is the fluid correct for the machine?