Fisher plow on Satoh question

/ Fisher plow on Satoh question #1  

Mike Woodman

Tractor
Satoh S630D Bull, Case 195, Case 222 etc.
I'd like to mount a 6.5 Fisher Speedcast snow plow on my Satoh 630D. I've used it on a few vehicles with the usual belt driven pump and power steering fluid. I' want to know if the plow pistons will work off the tractor hydraulics. If so, I've looked at the FEL hook up on this site and the feed for the FEL returns into the same tube. Is that correct? My other option of course would be to run the old plow pump off the motor belt or the PTO but the tractor hydraulics would be a cleaner install. Thanks.

/ Fisher plow on Satoh question #2  
The plow will work fine off of the tractor's hydraulics, I assume you do not have a loader (or valve) now? If that is correct then a valve must be added. The valve is plumbed from the OUT of the pump, to the IN of the valve, then the OUT of the valve to the rear of the tractor (usually feeds the 3PH).

/ Fisher plow on Satoh question
Can I feed the plow control unit from the out of the pump and run the return from the unit back into same pipe. ie; cut the pipe like the loader instructions, or do I need an additional valve?

/ Fisher plow on Satoh question #4  
If you have a plow valve, then you should be able to use the plow valve as Kenny said above.

/ Fisher plow on Satoh question #5  
Can I feed the plow control unit from the out of the pump and run the return from the unit back into same pipe. ie; cut the pipe like the loader instructions, or do I need an additional valve?

Not clear as to what you are asking?:confused2: What "plow control unit"?

Sorry for the blurry pic, this box is usually fed by the fan belt operated pump. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0787.JPG
    IMG_0787.JPG
    516.2 KB · Views: 566
   / Fisher plow on Satoh question #7  
Sorry for the blurry pic, this box is usually fed by the fan belt operated pump. Thanks

Your best bet is to add a new valve with known specs to your tractor. There is no easy way to tell exactly what you have there...like whether it is a Open Center or what the GPM spec is.

/ Fisher plow on Satoh question #8  
Those Fisher spool valves are open center. I have not been able to find any specs on their GPM rating. The belt driven pumps are rated for less than 2 GPM. The valve is physically sort of small, so I doubt that it has a high GPM rating. The Fisher valves that I have seen have a built in crossover relief on the angle ports. This helps protect the plow if you hit something with one side of the plow.

Whether or not you can connect as you suggest depends on the GPM that your pump puts out. If the flow is too high for the valve there will be back pressure on the pump, causing it to work harder and heating up your fluid.

Parts for Fisher plows with belt driven hydraulics are getting scarce and are going for crazy prices on E-bay. If that vale is too small you can probably sell it for most of the price of a new larger valve.

Stan

Obviously I know little about hydro. I did find that the tractor pump puts out 3.96 gpm so I guess my valve won't work. I would really like a electric over hydro. I had one on my Scout and really liked it, the plow angled fast no matter the engine RPMs. But like everything else the Barnes units cost $$$. I got a little queasy looking at the plow parts on Ebay. I've sold alot of that stuff for scrap over the years. I wanted to avoid mounting the belt driven pump because it will be outside of the hood. Oh well I've got a few months to Winter. Thanks for all the help.

/ Fisher plow on Satoh question #10  
Mike
I'm not clear about what you have. Do you have the dual valve that will operate the up/down and the bucket curl on a FEL? Or don't have such valve?