layout help. please!

/ layout help. please! #1  

hounder

I really need someone who is willing to work with me answering some hydraulic questions. I need to get my fel working off of a pto pump and need to select new control valves for it and the brush grapple. i also need a rear port for the back hoe and help selecting valves for the stabilizer arms why the hoe doesn't already have them i don't know. it's not a real difficult layout it component selection that has me confused. I would really appreciate help as i don't have a tractor or hydraulic store within 300 miles. and will have to order on line . to top it off i am under a time restraint

/ layout help. please! #2  
Does your tractor already have a pump?
Do you have a fel and no control valve as of now??
What kind of tractor, or if has a pump is it open center, or closed center??
How much GPM on pto pump? Needed to know for valve flow.
What kind of quality are you looking for in valves? Check some of AKKAMAAN's thread on some of discussions on such.http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/hydraulics/181699-restriction-open-closed-center-systems.html
Some one can help, I think a little more input will be required for some times it is hard to understand what op is really needing.

/ layout help. please!
the tractor has the original pump. it is in poor working condition. and because even at its best it would not really meet the needs of the backhoe i have decided not to waste time and money rebuilding it.

the tractor is a case 830 diesel in great mechanical shape ie recent complete rebuild minus hydraulic pump.

the pto pump is a prince pump with a rated 21 gpm. i assume it is a open center and am working on clarifying this as the lit doesn't.

tractor has a fel + brush grapple but no controls as they ripped away by previous owner in some sort of accident. so must be replaced thus my question on recommendations on control valve capable of performing required functions.

the backhoe attachment is a reasonable large hoe very comparable in size and design to a john deer 110 tbl. it DOESN'T have stabilizer arms though. so i need to select control valves appropriate for this as well.

I would like auxiliary ports to rear and front as well.

/ layout help. please! #4  
Hounder, You have a big project there!

What PTO horsepower des that machine have?
What kind of budget are you thinking? Whith all the valves, hoses, fittings, filter you will be looking at close to 2K I think.

The pump you have is a constant flow type, so you will need all Open Center valves equipped with Power Beyond. All the valves will need to be rated for the at least 21 GPM since that is what your pump is-and those will be big valves and need big hoses.

At work now so can't link to much...I can suggest a few later when I get home or you can search around the Surplus Center site.

Basically you are looking for:
Open (or Tandem) Center W/Power beyond
4-way
3-position
Spring return-to-center

/ layout help. please! #5  
I think Kennyd pretty well summed it up for you.
TractorData.com J.I. Case 830 tractor information
You have plenty of hp for the pump you are wanting to use. Do you have a tractor salvage yard near by?
You will have 3 valves for fel/grapple. 6 valves for bh. As Kenny stated, need rating of the same as pump. I am not sure where you are considering psi at, maybe start range of 2000 to 2500 psi? Valves will have to be able to be adjusted on pressure for that.
Your original pump has 13.6 gpm, but only ran at 1550 psi.
Them were a beast of a tractor. My dad had a Case 800 amatic when I was a youngster. Brothers and I would do crazy things like pop the lever down in road gear going down a hill!!! That would free wheel pretty damned fast.

/ layout help. please!
yes it is one of the better tractors of that year i have ever had experience with. the backhoe has all the valves in place minus the 2 stabilizer arm controls. the loader is the issue. it is open center like stated above.
the rated horse power is pretty high for that era and it seems to be all there.
I don't really have a budget just get it finished correctly but with out a waste of money. no used tractor businesses around one local guy works on tractors but ford 8+9 ns only so not much help sorta anti social any ways. that is one of my problems all parts have to be ordered and buying site unseen with limited info and no chance to ask questions. thanks very much for your responses. i have been looking at a prince valve for loader and will post specs later today"2:30 am now" and have questions on stabilizer valves.

/ layout help. please! #7  
   / layout help. please! #8  
Just a thought, if valves are there, is a couple of the control levers dual acting?
Is the hoses unhooked from cylinders to control valves?
I would assume them are a stacked set of valves, do you know???
That 830 would look puurrty with that joystick that Kenny showed you!

/ layout help. please!
Just a thought, if valves are there, is a couple of the control levers dual acting?
Is the hoses unhooked from cylinders to control valves?
I would assume them are a stacked set of valves, do you know???
That 830 would look puurrty with that joystick that Kenny showed you!

i believe you are partially correct there would be a extra control in the stack so it would be best to add one control and plumb them into stabilizer arm cylinders or use a selector valve on the odd control valve to split into one arm. I will check the hoe with air and reply. thanks guys for the help it new things much easier when you have conversational help!
new question where is a reasonable place to start the search for hydraulic tubing,and connectors?

/ layout help. please! #10  
i believe you are partially correct there would be a extra control in the stack so it would be best to add one control and plumb them into stabilizer arm cylinders or use a selector valve on the odd control valve to split into one arm. I will check the hoe with air and reply. thanks guys for the help it new things much easier when you have conversational help!
new question where is a reasonable place to start the search for hydraulic tubing,and connectors?

Can you get some pictures for us, like of the BH valve and FEL? It would sure help.

When you say "tubing", do you mean "hose" or are you going to try to hard-pipe everything?

For hoses and fittings, look at Discount Hydraulic Hose.com

Some others I have used are:
Hydraulicstore.com - Call toll-free 877-778-3533 Mon-Fri 7:30-5:00 Sat 7:30-12:00 Central Time ___________

Bailey Hydraulic Cylinders Manufacturer

https://www.hydraulic-supply.com/

Also, you may consider making your own hoses, Here is a thread I did one it: Re-Usable Hydraulic Hose Fitting Tutorial - TractorByNet.com