How should I plumb a backhoe?

/ How should I plumb a backhoe? #1  

Cold Camel

Tractor
Yanmar 1110D
I have a shop built backhoe with two 3-gang spool valves in series. I haven't put in much seat time but the valve placements don't make sense.

I know lever location/function is a matter of preference, but I was hoping more experienced operators get me started right.

The outer two levers should be stabilizers, with push being down (right?). Presently fluid flows L>R (sitting at controls, facing rear of tractor) and controls are swing>boom>dipper>bucket.

Does the order make sense?

Secondly, what should push do for each? Clearly boom push should extend boom, but what about the others?

I don't know when I'll want to pull/push two levers simultaneously with the same hand, it would be a shame if one lever were reversed or moved apart. I would think I'd want pull dipper and bucket to bring in both as I scoop, it doesn't do that now.

Right now I'm baby digging - engine at slow idle, rarely use full stroke, going for precision not speed.

Please advise. And if there are digging techniques to match various valve placements, please send me to a tutorial(s). Thanks.

Cold Camel

/ How should I plumb a backhoe?
Magnificant reply. Hours of research later I've decided L>R Swing>Boom>Dipper>Bucket with pull = up/in/curl. Options are nearly endless, but that's what works for me.