John Deere 4 log splitter questions

/ John Deere 4 log splitter questions #1  

namder

Tractor
jd 4 log splitter
Hi all, just bought a John Deere 4 log splitter at a farm sale and was wondering if anybody had any info on this like the dos and don'ts, tonage of ram, type oil to use in hyd. system, hyd. filter, owners manual, part list??? It works fine but would like to service before using it looks like it been sitting for awhile. Tried JDParts site and no pdf file for it. Hope I'm posting in the right section!!! Thanks in advance for any advice or info!!!

/ John Deere 4 log splitter questions #2  
I would just check the fluid level in the hyd tank and the engine. Check the air filter also. Put a little grease on the splitter slide. Does the detent release work alright on the back stroke?

/ John Deere 4 log splitter questions #3  
jdparts has a parts list and pics.
Here is one of the pump for a 400 tractor. Not sure what that means. :)

Attachments

• 4_log__splitter.jpg
    4_log__splitter.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 882
   / John Deere 4 log splitter questions
Thanks for the reply JJ and beenthere, detent release worked fine (by that I assume you mean that it automatically goes to neutral position at full retraction of ram). I'll recheck JDParts and see if I missed it. For the hyd. system, what type oil do I use? Hyd. oil, 30W motor oil, Transmission fluid, I'm lost when it comes to this, too many conflicting articles, don’t want to mess it up putting the wrong oil in it!!! Thanks again!!!

/ John Deere 4 log splitter questions
Just found the Oils, Fuels and Lubricants section and they had the answers I needed!!! JDParts did have a parts list, I'm just blind!!! Thanks again!!!

/ John Deere 4 log splitter questions #6  
Would you like to sell it?