Replace directional valve type tandem by type float

/ Replace directional valve type tandem by type float #1  

hodinhtran

Good day sir.
I got problem with directional valve. the type of directional val is tandem type (Port P is connect with port T. Port A and B is blocked) is fault. I have a question, Can I replace the fault directional valve type tandem by new directional valve type float (port A,B,T is connected, port P is blocked, and separate from port A,B,T) with following conditions:
- use port A as port P
- Use port B as port T
- use port P as port A
- use port T as port B
So in the neutral position, the pressure oil will go to port A (not port P) and return to the tank by port B (not port T) (the port T is connect to heavy load ,so port is blocked).
Is this Possible. Please help me solve my problem. Thanks a lot

/ Replace directional valve type tandem by type float #2  
Good day sir.
I got problem with directional valve. the type of directional val is tandem type (Port P is connect with port T. Port A and B is blocked) is fault. I have a question, Can I replace the fault directional valve type tandem by new directional valve type float (port A,B,T is connected, port P is blocked, and separate from port A,B,T) with following conditions:
- use port A as port P
- Use port B as port T
- use port P as port A
- use port T as port B
So in the neutral position, the pressure oil will go to port A (not port P) and return to the tank by port B (not port T) (the port T is connect to heavy load ,so port is blocked).
Is this Possible. Please help me solve my problem. Thanks a lot

Hodin,
I believe you can purchase a valve that has ports, P, A, & T common with port B blocked.

Most "Float" type spools are not designed to have pressure in the T port.

Roy