pto hydraulic pump

/ pto hydraulic pump #1  

VroomVroom

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2816 HST, Super M farmall, J5 bombardier, 230 timber jack skidder
has anyone had much experience with these? I saw one in princess auto, made by princess. It slips over the pto shaft, but my question is how do you keep it from spinning the pump body itself? There doesnt seem to be any mounts on it to hold it from spinning with the pto shaft?

/ pto hydraulic pump #2  
There should be mounting holes in the side of the pump that a bracket can be bolted to. Then fasten the bracket to the drawbar or other frame part (not the 3pt hitch). I've used them, they work well.

/ pto hydraulic pump #3  
There should be mounting holes in the side of the pump that a bracket can be bolted to.
My backhoe uses one, there's a lock collar that you use like an air line quick connect, pull back the sleeve and it locks around a depression in the pto shaft. To stop it from turning there's two stop chains that attach to the tractor.
It is a pia having to fasten the chains, I plan on making a plate that you can drop a bolt down thru the tractor to stop it turning as well as hold it in place. The lock collar is a pia as well, not much room around the pto shaft guard so the lock will be removed as well.....Mike

/ pto hydraulic pump
Thanks guys. I blieve there was holes there. I was wondering as normally I would have expected a mount attached to it on purchase. Thanks again.