Adding rear remote to Kubota L3400

/ Adding rear remote to Kubota L3400
Once you plumb the first one in, it's pretty easy understanding the path the fluid needs to take. I took the outlet from the power beyond port on the loader valve (Kubota marks it as "BY") and ran that to the inlet of the new valve.
The new valve must have either power beyond capability built in, or a power beyond adapter (which is what mine has) added to it to transfer fluid to the next valve in line (the 3ph in my case). The power beyond port on the new valve feeds down to the adapter plate under the right floorboard, into the same fitting that the power beyond hose from the loader valve used to feed into. This places the new valve in series with the loader valve and 3 ph valve.

Tee-ing in (parallel connection) on the high pressure side of the circuit won't work since the fluid will take the path of least resistance.

The two work ports on the valve go back to the quick connects on the ROPS, and finally the "return" or "drain" connection is tee-ed into the sump connection from the loader valve, again on the adapter plate under the right floorboard. There's no problem using a T connection on the drain side since there is little or no pressure here, the work has already been done by any fluid at this point in the circuit, it's just going back to the sump.

I used 3/8 hoses, since that was what the tractor had in the first place, the Prince valve is rated for 15 gpm, I think the tractor puts out something like 9.5 gpm.

Sean

/ Adding rear remote to Kubota L3400 #12  
Kennyd,

Thanks for correcting me... you are absolutely right, I do have a third function solenoid type valve... WR Long unit. You were not being picky at all... they are two totally different animals, and I simply used the wrong terminology.

I will have to look at how the solenoid valve is hooked up... i should be able to figure how to install another valve in series. It seems like the OUT from the solenoid valve went to a spot on the hydraulic block where the OUT from the loader valve was originally connected... I know it wasn't T'd. I just don't remember how the original loader valve OUT was connected, or where it went after the solenoid valve was installed.

/ Adding rear remote to Kubota L3400 #13  
Kennyd,

Thanks for correcting me... you are absolutely right, I do have a third function solenoid type valve... WR Long unit. You were not being picky at all... they are two totally different animals, and I simply used the wrong terminology.

I will have to look at how the solenoid valve is hooked up... i should be able to figure how to install another valve in series. It seems like the OUT from the solenoid valve went to a spot on the hydraulic block where the OUT from the loader valve was originally connected... I know it wasn't T'd. I just don't remember how the original loader valve OUT was connected, or where it went after the solenoid valve was installed.

The port on that "block" is what ultimately feeds the 3PH...and it should have been the BY line from the loader valve-not the OUT line (that should not have been touched since you add a solenoid valve without a PB port)

But, we are kind of hijacking Chilly's thread;)

No worries about hi-jacking.. I'm always ready to learn and have what I do know reinforced. The ports on the valve I installed aren't that clearly marked, I asked the sales gent which ports were which when I bought it, the literature that came with it supported what he told me. On mine, the BY port is directly next to the "out" or "drain" port.

Sean

/ Adding rear remote to Kubota L3400 #15  
Last edited:
I used tube clamps from Parker that I welded in place on the ROPS. The clamp grips the female QC body. I used the single models, I see now from the web page that they offer twin clamps which would have been good as well.

http://www.parker.com/literature/Tube%20Fittings%20Division/ParKlamp%20Inch%20Tube%20Clamps.pdf

I used the female ends on the tractor because for now at least, most of my implements are out in the weather, the male ends are less likely to be damaged by the elements. Also, the male ends are less expensive, so if you have 5 implements that have hydraulic hookups, it's cheaper to put the two females on the tractor and use the males on the implement ends.

Sean

/ Adding rear remote to Kubota L3400 #17  
I used tube clamps from Parker that I welded in place on the ROPS. The clamp grips the female QC body. I used the single models, I see now from the web page that they offer twin clamps which would have been good as well.

http://www.parker.com/literature/Tube Fittings Division/ParKlamp Inch Tube Clamps.pdf

I used the female ends on the tractor because for now at least, most of my implements are out in the weather, the male ends are less likely to be damaged by the elements. Also, the male ends are less expensive, so if you have 5 implements that have hydraulic hookups, it's cheaper to put the two females on the tractor and use the males on the implement ends.

Sean

Here is another way to do it (not that your way is not good though): Discount Hydraulic Hose.com and clamp, bolt or weld a piece of angle iron to the FEL tube.

/ Adding rear remote to Kubota L3400 #18  
I 2nd the Bulkhead Couplings , they work great.

I actually had two bulkhead fittings ready to go on, because I was skeptical of the Parker clamps.

Once I tried them on the QCs and then laid them against the edge of the ROPS, I decided to use the clamps, it made for a neater job with less cutting and shaping. Can you tell it was getting to be late in the day?? :)

Sean

Today I got the floorboard extension done to cover the hoses and add a little protection, it turned out better than I thought it might.

DSC00611.jpg

DSC00613.jpg

The long end bolts to the loader bracket, there are also two holes in the back side that attach to the existing floorboard. I don't use the tractor much around the woods, so if I haven't damaged the hydraulic filter by now (really bad design as far as placement goes) I doubt I'll hook a hydraulic hose.

Sean