Adding rear remote to Kubota L3400

/ Adding rear remote to Kubota L3400 #1  

Chilly807

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400DT
Those of you who own a 3400 may already know that Kubota doesn't sell a "kit" for adding a rear hydraulic remote for this tractor. I needed rear hydraulics for my back blade, and with any luck a hydraulic winch in time.

I sourced the parts locally, used a Prince single spool mono-bloc valve with power beyond adapter, and a Hy-Spec 2018 cylinder (2 inch piston and 18 inch stroke).

The biggest challenge was finding a spot to mount the valve. Thanks to TEG, I mounted it on the right side loader bracket after adding a pad to level the surface.
DSC00571.jpg

DSC00572.jpg

DSC00578.jpg

I bent the valve lever to reduce the snag hazard on boots and pant legs, and plumbed everything as neatly as possible. Not much room to work with.

Mounting the quick connects was a challenge too, I needed them to be easily accessible yet solidly mounted from vibration. Finally I decided that the ROPS could stand a few tack welds to hold the brackets in place. If that damages it to the point that it fails, it was never any good to begin with IMO.
DSC00577.jpg

I angled them down to reduce the chance of dirt and water getting in, and the implement hoses usually lead down at an angle anyway.

The blade works great with the cylinder, good control and speed of travel. The 2 inch cylinder is a good match for the flow rate of the 3400 hydro pump. I do have to shorten the cylinder hoses a tad and add a couple of shield plates to protect the hoses from hooking on branches, etc.
DSC00579.jpg

Sean

/ Adding rear remote to Kubota L3400 #3  
what was your total cost?

/ Adding rear remote to Kubota L3400 #4  
I haven't added any remotes to my L3700SU, but a local dealer gave me a quote for it. It is supposed to be the same as for the L3400. The Kubota "build your own" website function also lists the remotes as a build option.

Is your L3400 an older version? Why is there no kit available?

/ Adding rear remote to Kubota L3400 #5  
Nice job Chilly:thumbsup:

/ Adding rear remote to Kubota L3400 #6  
Great job!... This is going to be one of my next projects for my L3400, so I can have TNT. I already have a diverter valve mounted for a front grapple, so it will take some figuring on how to plumb the hydraulics. I know there are several threads on here about using power beyond, etc. when you only have a loader, but since I have already done that with my diverter valve, I'm going to have to look at it and draw a diagram of how it should flow to rear remote valves and back. If anyone has some simple instructions (my old mind doesn't work quite as quickly as it used to), I would appreciate it.

/ Adding rear remote to Kubota L3400 #7  
Looks great Chilly, I bet you get a lot of use out of that little "mod"
James K0UA

/ Adding rear remote to Kubota L3400
I haven't added any remotes to my L3700SU, but a local dealer gave me a quote for it. It is supposed to be the same as for the L3400. The Kubota "build your own" website function also lists the remotes as a build option.

Is your L3400 an older version? Why is there no kit available?

Mine is a 2009, my dealer checked and could find no kits available off-the-shelf.

He did say they could do what I did and gather up the parts and install it for me. I thought it was do-able myself, and I have saved at least the labour charges plus any markup.

Possibly if you order the tractor with rear remotes, the factory will install them when the tractor is being built, if it's listed as a build option. Mine was off-the-lot end of year clearance.

Sean

Last edited:
   / Adding rear remote to Kubota L3400 #10  
Great job!... This is going to be one of my next projects for my L3400, so I can have TNT. I already have a diverter valve mounted for a front grapple, so it will take some figuring on how to plumb the hydraulics. I know there are several threads on here about using power beyond, etc. when you only have a loader, but since I have already done that with my diverter valve, I'm going to have to look at it and draw a diagram of how it should flow to rear remote valves and back. If anyone has some simple instructions (my old mind doesn't work quite as quickly as it used to), I would appreciate it.

A "diverter" does not use the PB line, It "diverts" fluid from the dump/curl circuit to the new on for the grapple.

If you used the PB line, then you have what's referred to here as a true 3rd function or solenoid valve.

Not trying to be picky, just want to keep the terminology correct so as not to confuse others.

Since all valves are plumbed in series, then all you have to do is still run a line from the OUT of the solenoid valve to the IN of the new valve, then the PB of the new valve to you 3PH where it terminates now. Also you will add a line from the OUT port to the tank.