Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L3400DT

Default Adding rear remote to Kubota L3400

Those of you who own a 3400 may already know that kubota doesn't sell a "kit" for adding a rear hydraulic remote for this tractor. I needed rear hydraulics for my back blade, and with any luck a hydraulic winch in time.

I sourced the parts locally, used a Prince single spool mono-bloc valve with power beyond adapter, and a Hy-Spec 2018 cylinder (2 inch piston and 18 inch stroke).

The biggest challenge was finding a spot to mount the valve. Thanks to TEG, I mounted it on the right side loader bracket after adding a pad to level the surface.

I bent the valve lever to reduce the snag hazard on boots and pant legs, and plumbed everything as neatly as possible. Not much room to work with.

Mounting the quick connects was a challenge too, I needed them to be easily accessible yet solidly mounted from vibration. Finally I decided that the ROPS could stand a few tack welds to hold the brackets in place. If that damages it to the point that it fails, it was never any good to begin with IMO.

I angled them down to reduce the chance of dirt and water getting in, and the implement hoses usually lead down at an angle anyway.

The blade works great with the cylinder, good control and speed of travel. The 2 inch cylinder is a good match for the flow rate of the 3400 hydro pump. I do have to shorten the cylinder hoses a tad and add a couple of shield plates to protect the hoses from hooking on branches, etc.

Sean

Tractor
    ym2210D

Default Re: Adding rear remote to Kubota L3400

Sweet!! Very inspiring, thanks!!

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L2800 HST with loader

what was your total cost?

Tractor
    Kubota L3700SUHST

I haven't added any remotes to my L3700SU, but a local dealer gave me a quote for it. It is supposed to be the same as for the L3400. The kubota "build your own" website function also lists the remotes as a build option.

Is your L3400 an older version? Why is there no kit available?
    Kubota L3700SUHST, AG-Meier Mohawk 5' Rotary Cutter, Armstrong AG 5' Boxblade, Armstrong AG 5' Landscape Rake
    Scotts 50560x8 50" Riding Mower

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455AWS

Nice job Chilly
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

#BoltOnHooks

Bolt-On Grab HooksTM, Bolt-On Clevis MountsTM, Weld-On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain and Rigging Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components, and MUCH more!

Visit our YouTube Channel

Tractor
    kubota L3400HST

Great job!... This is going to be one of my next projects for my L3400, so I can have TNT. I already have a diverter valve mounted for a front grapple, so it will take some figuring on how to plumb the hydraulics. I know there are several threads on here about using power beyond, etc. when you only have a loader, but since I have already done that with my diverter valve, I'm going to have to look at it and draw a diagram of how it should flow to rear remote valves and back. If anyone has some simple instructions (my old mind doesn't work quite as quickly as it used to), I would appreciate it.
    L3400HST, L463 FEL, Markham toothbar, Markham Grapple, Woods BH80-X, 5 1/2' United box blade,6' Leinbach scrape blade, Pallet forks, 5' King Kutter RM, 56" First choice tiller, Leinbach rake

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Looks great Chilly, I bet you get a lot of use out of that little "mod"
    James K0UA
    James K0UA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner NRA Life Member How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN .

Tractor
    Kubota L3400DT

Quote Originally Posted by georgia jeff View Post
    what was your total cost?
    It ended up being just under $800 Cdn including the cylinder and all the hoses and hardware.

Sean

Tractor
    Kubota L3400DT

Quote Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
    I haven't added any remotes to my L3700SU, but a local dealer gave me a quote for it. It is supposed to be the same as for the L3400. The kubota "build your own" website function also lists the remotes as a build option.

Is your L3400 an older version? Why is there no kit available?
    Mine is a 2009, my dealer checked and could find no kits available off-the-shelf.

He did say they could do what I did and gather up the parts and install it for me. I thought it was do-able myself, and I have saved at least the labour charges plus any markup.

Possibly if you order the tractor with rear remotes, the factory will install them when the tractor is being built, if it's listed as a build option. Mine was off-the-lot end of year clearance.

Sean
    Last edited by Chilly807; 11-16-2010 at 07:21 PM.

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455AWS

Quote Originally Posted by westbrooklawn View Post
    Great job!... This is going to be one of my next projects for my L3400, so I can have TNT. I already have a diverter valve mounted for a front grapple, so it will take some figuring on how to plumb the hydraulics. I know there are several threads on here about using power beyond, etc. when you only have a loader, but since I have already done that with my diverter valve, I'm going to have to look at it and draw a diagram of how it should flow to rear remote valves and back. If anyone has some simple instructions (my old mind doesn't work quite as quickly as it used to), I would appreciate it.
    A "diverter" does not use the PB line, It "diverts" fluid from the dump/curl circuit to the new on for the grapple.

If you used the PB line, then you have what's referred to here as a true 3rd function or solenoid valve.

Not trying to be picky, just want to keep the terminology correct so as not to confuse others.

Since all valves are plumbed in series, then all you have to do is still run a line from the OUT of the solenoid valve to the IN of the new valve, then the PB of the new valve to you 3PH where it terminates now. Also you will add a line from the OUT port to the tank.
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

#BoltOnHooks

Bolt-On Grab HooksTM, Bolt-On Clevis MountsTM, Weld-On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain and Rigging Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components, and MUCH more!

Visit our YouTube Channel

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast