Multi trac vs Hydraulic fluid

/ Multi trac vs Hydraulic fluid #1  

racerboy832

Silver Member
Tractor
Deutz Allis 5220 w FEL and Backhoe
I need to change the fluid in my self contained backhoe. I just found 10 Gallons of the Green Coastal Multi fluid left over from my JD450. Am I ok to change it with this?

/ Multi trac vs Hydraulic fluid #2  
You probably can. If you read through the forums, you will see people using just about any mineral based fluid, and is usually tailored for the climate. On some of my Case equipment, they use ATF, Hy-Guard, and 10W-40 motor oil, with a qt of Case additives. Some use synthetic fluid. The viscosity range is what you are looking for. Hyd fluid has been designed just for hyd system.

I see you are in Connecticut, and it does get cold there. I am in Fla, and can get away with different fluid.

Someone else may come on here and tell you something different. Your choice.

/ Multi trac vs Hydraulic fluid #3  
I need to change the fluid in my self contained backhoe. I just found 10 Gallons of the Green Coastal Multi fluid left over from my JD450. Am I ok to change it with this?

Multitrac or Alltrac (as I know it) is used in a hydraulic system that has the reservoir in the tractor transmission sump.....if it has a separate reservoir then AW32 is fine for this climate.....I don't think it will hurt to use it as the Multitrac is the same base product with additives for the trans....