should I rebiuld my 768 loader lift cylinders or replace them

/ should I rebiuld my 768 loader lift cylinders or replace them #1  

Kenfranklinl

Tractor
ford 1200
My 768 loader lift cylinders on my F1200 just starting leaking and I would like to know if I should rebiuld them or replace them with new ones. I have been looking for days on information and schematics on the cyclinders so I could rebiuld them but I am having no luck. Does anyone know where I can get the schematics and instructions to rebiuld them?

The local dealer quoted $85 per cylinder seal kit.

Thanks, Ken

/ should I rebiuld my 768 loader lift cylinders or replace them #2  
Rebuilding a cylinder is fairly easy, post some pictures of the rod end and we can walk you through the disassembly. After you get one apart go to a local shop to get your seals. Do them both...

/ should I rebiuld my 768 loader lift cylinders or replace them
Hi Ken, I appreciate the help. I attached a picture of the end of the cyliner. I did attemped to take the cap off but then a coiled wire started to come out of a hole on the side of the piston. Did not know what it was so I stopped. You can see the slot about 1 inch above the cap where the wire or spring started to come out of the hole. Any idea what that is?

IMG00161-20101125-1924.jpg

/ should I rebiuld my 768 loader lift cylinders or replace them #4  
Ken,

Ford Cyl?

That lock wire is the retainer to take off gland, the wire stopped cuz it has a 90 deg bend on the end to help wind it back on during the reinstall...

This is an easy cyl to repack, just make sure you pay attention to the seals on the piston head, most models have "V Packings" that are suppose to be installed in one direction......

In the bucket tilt cyls the v pkgs will be installed to be pull cyls, and the lift cyls will be the opposite......

If you don't mind the drive I have these in stock in NH

/ should I rebiuld my 768 loader lift cylinders or replace them #5  
Also, clean the glands up good and inspect for cracks, they are prone to do this......

Thanks everyone for the information and help.

Willl, the instructions you sent are great. Thanks.

wdchyp. I sent you a message looking for information and directions to your shop. Thanks

/ should I rebiuld my 768 loader lift cylinders or replace them #8  
Well I guess you all don't need me anymore:thumbsup:

thanks Ken, I should be alset and will tackle those cyclinders

Ken