grapple up and running!! :)

/ grapple up and running!! :) #11  
Nice,I really like mine;you might want to think about adding a tooth-bar;helps a lot with the brush.I ran an angle full length on the top of my bucket;also had to roll it down to get full closed.

Attachments

• 100_0827 (Small).jpg
    100_0827 (Small).jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 280
  • 100_0830 (Small).jpg
    100_0830 (Small).jpg
    86 KB · Views: 235
   / grapple up and running!! :) #12  
Nice job on the Thumb and control.:thumbsup: If you want to un-bend your bucket, just put the bucket over in the dump position with the grapple almost closed, Find a good solid tree to put the top of the grapple against and then open the grapple while watching your bucket straighten itself out. It will probably surprise you how easy it is to get it straight again before reinforcing it.

/ grapple up and running!! :)
Nice job on the Thumb and control.:thumbsup: If you want to un-bend your bucket, just put the bucket over in the dump position with the grapple almost closed, Find a good solid tree to put the top of the grapple against and then open the grapple while watching your bucket straighten itself out. It will probably surprise you how easy it is to get it straight again before reinforcing it.

Yeah, I had thought about that.....or, raising the loader under a large, low tree branch.

As far as reinforcement, I was thinking 1/2" x 3" (or 4") x 48" spanning the entire top of the bucket. I would prefer welded, but might have to bolt. Not too many welders in my town of about 800, and we're not connected to anywhere else, being an island!!

/ grapple up and running!! :) #14  
...I was thinking 1/2" x 3" (or 4") x 48" spanning the entire top of the bucket...
I'm not the one to say but I think you would want "C" Channel instead of flat steel... less weight but stronger. For the size, someone else with more knowledge needs to step in :eek::ashamed:

I'm not the one to say but I think you would want "C" Channel instead of flat steel... less weight but stronger. For the size, someone else with more knowledge needs to step in :eek::ashamed:

Is c channel in a "U" shape? Got a photo I could see?

The top edge of the loader HAS (had?:) ) a sorta "U" that bent back on itself...

/ grapple up and running!! :) #17  
Stormpetrel, I don't think you stated and I can't tell from pictures just how you did your hydraulic hookup. Did you use the power beyond or just go from the out on old valve to in on new valve? I'm sure curious? :licking:

/ grapple up and running!! :) #18  
Stormpetrel, I don't think you stated and I can't tell from pictures just how you did your hydraulic hookup. Did you use the power beyond or just go from the out on old valve to in on new valve? I'm sure curious? :licking:
Check out:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/yanmar/188675-grapple-mounted-next-hydraulics.html
and also:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/hydraulics/188694-almost-there-grapple-hydraulics.html

It's debatable if it should have all been in one thread or not... :D

I went from the power beyond port of the loader valve to high pressure inlet port of grapple valve, return from outlet port of grapple valve teed into return line to pto/tank. Of course there were the cylinder working lines from the grapple valve working ports.

A very large expense turned out to be all the miscellaneous fittings/adapters; I spent almost $200 on that alone. The new valve, hoses, and fittings together only cost in the low 200s!

OnlineMetalStore ? A36 Hot Rolled Steel C Channel ? Buy Online ? Cut to Size ? No Minimum Order

Just for photos... I don't know ANYTHING about the company... Also, if you bolt it on, use grade 8 (or 10 if you can get it). You might have to start a new thread to get replies about this(???)

Thanks, Teg:thumbsup:
Only thing I don't understand are their sizes.....4" x 3.5#??? What does that mean:confused:... Is it 3.5 pounds per foot of length? It would help if I could figure that out.

Also, did you say you mounted your C-channel UNDER the bucket edge?