New Holland T1110 Loader Drift 240TL loader Buyer Beware

/ New Holland T1110 Loader Drift 240TL loader Buyer Beware #1  

mgriggs5

Tractor
t1110 & TC35DA
Is anyone experiencing issues with loader drift with New Hollands Subcompact tractors? Buyer beware. I have a T1110 with the 240TL loader. It will drift down as much as 2 feet in 4 hours when parked. Well above NH's Standards. I took it to my NH dealer to have it fixed and they said this is a common problem with NH's line of sub compact tractors/loaders. There is no fix to it according to my dealer. NH's solution was to put a lockout valve on it which according to them would render the float feature useless..

Has anyone experienced this? Please let me know.

/ New Holland T1110 Loader Drift 240TL loader Buyer Beware #2  
There is usually a fix for just about everything. One fix is to replace your FEL valve with one that has better specifications. All valves leak to some degree, and manufactures will state so many drops per minutes.

/ New Holland T1110 Loader Drift 240TL loader Buyer Beware #3  
Mgriggs, can you tell me where this amount of leakage would be a problem? Another way of asking this is what do you do with your loader that would require it to not drift when parked? My loader droops slowly, especially with a heavy load, while transporting materials, but I just touch it up with the joystick and its a non-issue to me. Other than wishing our hydraulics were perfect, I think the fix will end up being worse than the problem on this one.

:welcome: to TBN. I will tell you that the problem you are having is common. I don't mean to be flippant about your problem, but it is just the reality of our CUTs that their hydraulics aren't perfect.:(

/ New Holland T1110 Loader Drift 240TL loader Buyer Beware #4  
I have a T1110 with the 240TL loader. It will drift down as much as 2 feet in 4 hours when parked. Well above NH's Standards.
Has anyone experienced this? Please let me know.

I'm not sure what you mean by describing your leakdown rate as " Well above NH's Standards". If you mean that your loader leaks down faster than NH's published maximum tolerance, you have a curable equipment problem compounded by a dealer problem. Find another dealer and get your leakdown problem fixed.

If you mean that your loader leakdown rate is within New Holland's published tolerance, it is unlikely that you will get any dealer- or manufacturer-subsidized repairs.

/ New Holland T1110 Loader Drift 240TL loader Buyer Beware #5  
Can you tell us what the NH engineers say is an acceptable leak rate? What is your leak down rate? This is usually in drops per minutes.

The lock out valve will work just fine as long as you want to raise the lift arms in the air and lock in place. For safety reasons, the lift arms should be on the ground when the engine is not running.

/ New Holland T1110 Loader Drift 240TL loader Buyer Beware #6  
Hello, I had a similar problem with the loader on my new New Holland TC45 with a NH 250TL loader. It wasn't 2' in a few hours and it was with the roll-out cylinders, though. The loader bucket (or other attachment) would roll-out an inch or more in a few (maybe 5) minutes, even with nothing on the loader other than a set of Bobcat forks. It did this from the beginning (about 15 hours on the tractor). I took it in for the 50 hour service and told the tech about the roll-out problem. He told me he took the cylinders apart and found that one of the nuts on one of the pistons was loose. I'm not sure how these cylinders are constructed so I'm not sure if the nuts really tension/adjust the O-rings, but that's what he told me. When I got it back the problem was gone. He told me he replaced the seals in the cylinder since he had it apart, too. He did all this, and added hydraulic fluid back to the unit, as part of warranty service.

FWIW.

/ New Holland T1110 Loader Drift 240TL loader Buyer Beware #7  
The loose nut could very well be what caused the droop on the bucket. There is a nut and an o-ring on the back of the piston, and the nut should have some lock tight on it, and torqued down good and tight.