Low visosity hydrolic fluid

/ Low visosity hydrolic fluid #1  

Netmo

I am not sure if I am in the right place to ask my question. Since it the topic is hydralics, I am sure I can find some one with the right knowledge to help me with my problem.
I am looking for a hydralic fluid with low viscosity, I mean low anout 5 or less. This is for a new application. I am trying to create a pulsatile flow using a pump for a new application. It is low pressure application. Maximum pressure will be 5 PSI. Lowest is 1 PSI. I searched everywhere and I couldn't find any site for selecting a fluid low visosity. Any body has any sugesstions. many thanks if some one can help me.

/ Low visosity hydrolic fluid #3  
What about using a 0W-20 engine oil?
larry

/ Low visosity hydrolic fluid #5  
I am not sure if I am in the right place to ask my question. Since it the topic is hydralics, I am sure I can find some one with the right knowledge to help me with my problem.
I am looking for a hydralic fluid with low viscosity, I mean low anout 5 or less. This is for a new application. I am trying to create a pulsatile flow using a pump for a new application. It is low pressure application. Maximum pressure will be 5 PSI. Lowest is 1 PSI. I searched everywhere and I couldn't find any site for selecting a fluid low visosity. Any body has any sugesstions. many thanks if some one can help me.

Transmission fluid can be purchased in many viscosity that are very low, something to think about.

/ Low visosity hydrolic fluid #6  
Is there not a water soluable product that can be mixed with water???
Cutting fluids use such products that will lubricate and mix with water.

/ Low visosity hydrolic fluid #7  
Is there not a water soluable product that can be mixed with water???
Cutting fluids use such products that will lubricate and mix with water.
I think the viscosity there is so low that sealing within the pump element would become a real issue, allowing a lot of bypass. Some pumps could handle it, but probably not a gearpump at hi pressure.
larry

/ Low visosity hydrolic fluid #8  
I think the viscosity there is so low that sealing within the pump element would become a real issue, allowing a lot of bypass. Some pumps could handle it, but probably not a gearpump at hi pressure.
larry

At 5 PSI???? You could use a centrifugal pump, instead of positive displacement. I may be missing something here.

/ Low visosity hydrolic fluid #9  
Netmo,

The best oil with low visc to my knowledge is Aircraft Hydraulic Oil

Mobil AERO HFA is what I use.........Texaco Hyd Oil #15 is another........

MIL-H-5606 is the Military spec for their use in low visc hyd oil.......

Other manufacturers have similar stuff just use the "5606" designation to convert to another brand.....

/ Low visosity hydrolic fluid #10  
Also Kubota SuperUDT.......plenty available at your local dealer......

That stuff is very thin......