What GPM hydraulic pump is needed for 2" bore cylinder?

/ What GPM hydraulic pump is needed for 2" bore cylinder? #1  

chad22

Veteran Member
Tractor
Sears Garden Tractor
I bought one of these cylinders that's in the link for my backhoe that I'm building. It has a 2" Bore. I'm wondering what size (GPM) of pump would I need to make the cylinder have good retract and extend times?

Delvan Ag Pumps Inc 2 X 10 Tie-Rod Hydraulic Cylinder

Thanks

Chad

/ What GPM hydraulic pump is needed for 2" bore cylinder? #2  
If you are talking about a small backhoe I would think 5 gallons per minute is about right.
Any pics of the placement of the cylinder would be helpful.
Craig Clayton

/ What GPM hydraulic pump is needed for 2" bore cylinder? #3  
I bought one of these cylinders that's in the link for my backhoe that I'm building. It has a 2" Bore. I'm wondering what size (GPM) of pump would I need to make the cylinder have good retract and extend times?

Delvan Ag Pumps Inc 2 X 10 Tie-Rod Hydraulic Cylinder

Thanks

Chad

Assume 1 in rod,

4 GPM = 2.04 sec extend
1.53 sec retract.

6 GPM= 1.35 sec extend
1.02 sec retract

At 2500 psi, push force would be 7854 lbs
pull force -----------5890 lbs

Last edited:
   / What GPM hydraulic pump is needed for 2" bore cylinder? #5  
hey AKK, did you build that spreed sheet? I like it :thumbsup:

/ What GPM hydraulic pump is needed for 2" bore cylinder? #6  
hey AKK, did you build that spreed sheet? I like it :thumbsup:

I could see some was in there and tried a 2500psi 5" bore....LOL....Tx sylwoody....Yes I make'm.....call it my X-mas gift to ya all....:thumbsup:

/ What GPM hydraulic pump is needed for 2" bore cylinder? #8  
Got a little spread sheet here, try that!!
Enter you numbers in the green cells, GPM is a function of displacement and speed in this spread sheet...

BTW, Merry X-mas everone!!

Wow. that makes my spreadsheets look lame. Same results though. I am always comming up with new things to enter.

I have one for logsplitter force and cycle times. Log splitter questions come up here fairly often. But mine dont look that good, or colored in either:D

/ What GPM hydraulic pump is needed for 2" bore cylinder? #9  
Wow. that makes my spreadsheets look lame. Same results though. I am always comming up with new things to enter.

I have one for logsplitter force and cycle times. Log splitter questions come up here fairly often. But mine dont look that good, or colored in either:D

I have this one for two stage pumps too....I think it can be useful when matching pump and engine/motor

/ What GPM hydraulic pump is needed for 2" bore cylinder? #10  
I have this one for two stage pumps too....I think it can be useful when matching pump and engine/motor

Boy I am glad I replied to this thread. It is now in my "subscribed" list and It will be easier to find when I need one of these charts. Shure beats doing it by hand or creating another spread sheet:thumbsup::thumbsup: