tie log splitter into hydraulics on 580c case backhoe

/ tie log splitter into hydraulics on 580c case backhoe #1  

coltcc545

Tractor
580c case backhoe, jd 1020, david brown 995
hi all, i am looking into hooking up a 3 pt log splitter into my 580c backhoe(my other tractors listed are at our deer camp up north).

i see on the loader valve there are tees already installed, 1 is on the supply coming into the valve and it looks like 1 is on the return side.
these are all factory tees.(must be there for a reason) Would this be the proper point to tie in?

These valves must be closed valves (loader valve and backhoe valve) inorder for pressure to get to each valve i think. If so then tying into the provided tee should supply the needed pressure.

And i have the ability to change the log splitter valve to a open center or closed center, would i want closed center?
thanks in advance
Chris

/ tie log splitter into hydraulics on 580c case backhoe #2  
Welcome to TBN Chris:D

Sounds like you have a good plan, your system should be CC, so adding Tee's and a new CC valve should be no problem.

/ tie log splitter into hydraulics on 580c case backhoe #3  
hi all, i am looking into hooking up a 3 pt log splitter into my 580c backhoe(my other tractors listed are at our deer camp up north).

i see on the loader valve there are tees already installed, 1 is on the supply coming into the valve and it looks like 1 is on the return side.
these are all factory tees.(must be there for a reason) Would this be the proper point to tie in?

These valves must be closed valves (loader valve and backhoe valve) inorder for pressure to get to each valve i think. If so then tying into the provided tee should supply the needed pressure.

And i have the ability to change the log splitter valve to a open center or closed center, would i want closed center?
thanks in advance
Chris

Chris,
your 580C is an open center system and you can not just tee into the lines.

Roy

/ tie log splitter into hydraulics on 580c case backhoe #4  
Chris,
your 580C is an open center system and you can not just tee into the lines.

Roy

You sure? What about the "factory" Tee's?

these are all factory tees.(must be there for a reason)

/ tie log splitter into hydraulics on 580c case backhoe #5  
Maybe they are pressure gauge check points......what size are the tee's??
Would be nice with some pictures....OP?

/ tie log splitter into hydraulics on 580c case backhoe #6  

Ken,
this information is from a fellow employee that worked at Case in their Hoe division for 20 some odd years. His best guess was this was a mid 70's early 80's model.

I am with AKKA that they are probly test ports.

Roy

/ tie log splitter into hydraulics on 580c case backhoe #8  
Wow, that is a good idea.. I wonder if this technique would work with a smaller backhoe? I can't see why not... I wonder if there is any plans to make the metal splitter on the stablizer arm?

Tim

/ tie log splitter into hydraulics on 580c case backhoe #9  
Ken,
this information is from a fellow employee that worked at Case in their Hoe division for 20 some odd years. His best guess was this was a mid 70's early 80's model.

I am with AKKA that they are probly test ports.

Roy

OK, I got it...They way I read is description-it sounded to me like the backhoe and FEL valve where Tee'd together, so I ASSumed it was a CC system, also a lot of real construction grade equipment is CC.

/ tie log splitter into hydraulics on 580c case backhoe #10  
OK, I got it...They way I read is description-it sounded to me like the backhoe and FEL valve where Tee'd together, so I ASSumed it was a CC system, also a lot of real construction grade equipment is CC.

Ken,
agree 100% on construction equipment being CC and or LS. That is why I asked the man that knows.

Roy